Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 03-10-2015, 08:46 AM
Kamakiri's Avatar
Kamakiri Kamakiri is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 5,109
Welp, I came home with it. It was marked at a ridiculous $195 at the estate sale. I figured hey, no harm in asking, so I asked if it worked. The lady said that the screen lit up, but they couldn't obviously get any stations.

I said, if I plug it in and the screen lights up, I'll give you $40 for it. It did, and I bought it. Full raster, but dim, with some bottom vertical foldover. Figured at least I'd have something to work with though. Cabinet's about as perfect as they come.

Got it home and powered it up. Raster came up, and I figured I'd see if I could tweak anything out of it. Raster started to shrink on the left slightly and it smelled as if something was heating up, so I shut it down.

Opened the back and saw a brightener. Wonderful. Removed the brightener and went to test the picture tube. The tube lit up WAY too bright on the tester and showed a dead short...so something either happened when I removed the socket on the picture tube or something's really amiss....but I shut it down fast. Not even sure what picture tube is in the stupid thing.....it's an original Raytheon tube but all the decals are missing on the inside.

Someone on the FB TV group mentioned that it should have a 21FP4, so I tested it as that, standard 6.3V filament and socket. It's a Raytheon model C2113A.

And yep, some rearranging down here is needed. Getting a little crowded lately.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_5445.jpg (62.9 KB, 22 views)
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia."
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.