Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #10  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:20 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUdubon5425 View Post
The 19" Magnavox I had for years was a digital tuned set - not cable ready. It was made in late 1985 - I received it for Christmas that year. If there was still a knob-tuned set available I really don't think my parents would have spent the extra money for a digital one.
They were much less common after about '85; but, there were still some made.

I've seen one 19" knob tuned Zenith set from around '87 and an RCA XL-100 from the very late '80's that still used a knob tuner (CTC136, IIRC). There were a few RCA/GE consoles (CTC130) from around '86 or '87 that had the single knob varactor tuner as well as some Panasonic/Quasar consoles from the same period with knob tuners.

Emerson, KTV, Samsung, Goldstar, Megatron, and other "off brands" had knob tuned sets up until '93, when the Gov't required closed caption decoders to be built into all sets.

I used to sell many knob tuned TVs to older people that were intimidated by TVs with pushbuttons.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.