Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickr15 View Post
I always liked "Streets of Fire" but maybe thats just because of Diane lane.
A rock and roll fable..

Rick Moranis was pretty obnoxious in that too

How about Eddie and The Cruisers? That should pretty much sum up
Michael Pare's career
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-15-2008, 10:37 PM
MrZero63's Avatar
MrZero63 MrZero63 is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Fairbanks, the Last Frontier
Posts: 11
Nobody said "Heavy Metal" yet?!!

-Dave
__________________
McIntosh MC225/C20, Roger Modjesky EM7 2.5, Eastern Electric MiniMax CDP, TASCAM 122 MKIII, VPI Scout w/DV 10X5, Monster Pro3500, Klipsch Heresy IIs & KG4s with Bob Crites' networks/titanium tweets, Monster Z2 and Final Labs speaker wire.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-15-2008, 10:50 PM
rickr15's Avatar
rickr15 rickr15 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mesa AZ.
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyman View Post
Rick Moranis was pretty obnoxious in that too
Well we just summed up 2 careers. Hey did I mention Diane lane was hot?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
Juniperlater's Avatar
Juniperlater Juniperlater is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarantzDance View Post
Oooooo how could I forget Rocky Horror, I wanna replace HiFi with RHPS

What? High Fidelity is the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsummer View Post
"Once"
I second that. The vinyl soundtrack is great!
__________________
PD91 | Xpression III | iPod Classic -> Marantz PM7001 | Creek OBH-11 -> Polk r30 | Grado 225

Vintage Marantz or Modern Marantz?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:09 PM
m4rz's Avatar
m4rz m4rz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Orangeville, Canada
Posts: 17
Ok,
For me:
Blade Runner - great soundtrack for the time
Breakfast Club - has anybody guessed my age yet?
School of Rock - c'mon has pretty much every rock song you can think of...well almost

(and just some others)
Saturday Night Fever
Fantasia


Cheers
__________________
Yaqin MS-12B / Yamaha PC2002M / Technics SL-1200MKII / MGIIA /NHT SW-2 / Laptop/M-Audio Audiophile USB
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:12 PM
clydeselsor's Avatar
clydeselsor clydeselsor is offline
tubes and vinyl
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portage/Burns Harbor, IN
Posts: 69
The Glenn Miller Story
The Benny Goodman Story
The Gene Krupa Story
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-16-2008, 07:19 AM
pmsummer's Avatar
pmsummer pmsummer is offline
simul justus et peccator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rheinhardt Station, Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
Posts: 122
Doh! How could I forget the film that changed the way I listened to music forever, where long sections of music replaced the need for emotive acting, that gave me an appreciation for Strauss waltzes that took me beyond the Vienna stereotype, and that opened my ears to a monumentally great composer I'd might never have heard of again?












Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. The best pure "music" movie ever made.
__________________
P.M. Summer



McIntosh MA6100, Klipsch Klipschorns, Denon DP-1800 w/AT-15SS, Sony XDR-F1HD, Yamaha CDC+Entech dac
McIntosh MAC4100, Fons Mk1 w/Shure M97xE, AR3a, Frazier Mk V, Yamaha NS1000M, TEAC A-2300SR
H.H. Scott 299D, Frazier La Fiesta, Tivoli Model CD, ELAC 40A
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-20-2008, 03:18 PM
MarantzDance's Avatar
MarantzDance MarantzDance is offline
AladdInsane
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5
Just saw "Ray" ( I know I am really dragging on newer movies lately) and I gotta say Jamie Foxx was incredible. Dman thing almost had m in tears at one point. Ray isnt the best but its really really good.
__________________
I pass, like night, from land to land; I have strange power of speech

-Samuel Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-20-2008, 03:43 PM
techsui's Avatar
techsui techsui is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oxford, MS
Posts: 6
My favorites:
1. High Fidelity
2. Almost Famous

favorite musical: The Producers
__________________
Sansui 8080, Technics SA-404, Sansui 3500, Yamaha CR-620
Bose 901 VI, Sansui SP 3500, Infinity SM-82, Advent Prodigy II
Pioneer PL-12D
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:06 PM
Cantabury Guy's Avatar
Cantabury Guy Cantabury Guy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 41
1. The Commitments.... One of my all time favs of any genre
2. Eddie and the Cruisers
3. Rock Rock Rock(1956)....you just had to be there
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
SpeakerLabFan's Avatar
SpeakerLabFan SpeakerLabFan is offline
cranberry sauce
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 39
Help! -- great soundtrack and fun to see the lads in all those exotic locations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT-3 View Post
This is easy for me....

The Doors by Oliver Stone.....awesome!
+1

My others are: Hard Days Night, High Fidelity
__________________

Phase Linear Andromedas
Carver Amazings,Frazier 15
McIntosh MC2205; Manley Stingray
SpeakerLab K's,Super7,3's,1's
Klipsch Forte,Heresy; Kenwood KT-9900
SansuiAU20000,9090DB,9090,8080,7070,6060,5050,G5000,AU/TU-717
JBL 4430;Thorens TD145MKII,Goldring Eroica
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:55 PM
vinyldavid's Avatar
vinyldavid vinyldavid is offline
EFSP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creve Coeur, Missouri, USA
Posts: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakerLabFan View Post
Help! -- great soundtrack and fun to see the lads in all those exotic locations...My others are: Hard Days Night, High Fidelity
Never seen any of those, but I have a M factory R2R tape of the soundtrack. Sounds WONDERFUL. I gotta see those 3.
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-20-2008, 04:59 PM
SpeakerLabFan's Avatar
SpeakerLabFan SpeakerLabFan is offline
cranberry sauce
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinyldavid View Post
Never seen any of those, but I have a M factory R2R tape of the soundtrack. Sounds WONDERFUL. I gotta see those 3.
You might find the Beatles titles available to borrow on VHS or DVD at your local library, otherwise watch for a showing on TV. In the meantime, probably some outtakes on youtube. Highly recommend these!
__________________

Phase Linear Andromedas
Carver Amazings,Frazier 15
McIntosh MC2205; Manley Stingray
SpeakerLab K's,Super7,3's,1's
Klipsch Forte,Heresy; Kenwood KT-9900
SansuiAU20000,9090DB,9090,8080,7070,6060,5050,G5000,AU/TU-717
JBL 4430;Thorens TD145MKII,Goldring Eroica
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:18 PM
sreeja
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
In my opinion the best music movie is "The Rose"
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:22 PM
vinyldavid's Avatar
vinyldavid vinyldavid is offline
EFSP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Creve Coeur, Missouri, USA
Posts: 239
Well, I am kicking myself, HARD.

I forgot The Song Remains the Same.
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.