![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Best "Music" movies ever made?
Choose but choose wisely.
I only really got 2 1) The Commitments - Irish people are just naturally funny and drunk Irish muscians are even better. Best soundtrack also out of any music movie catagory too imho. 2)High Fidelity - Its just sorta a rehash of Say Anything really but the taking place in a record store applies to most of us I think. Also Dick hitting Tim Robbins with the phone makes me choke. Walk the Line isnt on here cause I think they spent too muc time on his addictions. Flamers need not apply. Havent seen Dewey Cox yet either but from all the trailors on youtube I seen this has promise. Cast your ballot in an election that you really matter in this year. VOTE!
__________________
I pass, like night, from land to land; I have strange power of speech -Samuel Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Kids are Alright
It's a movie, and it's full of music and about musicians, so it should count.
__________________
all the best, mrh |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Tossing out the rockumentaries like "The Last Waltz", "Woodstock, "Monterey Pop", etc, I guess my favorite would have to be "The Blues Brothers"
Hands down
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Spinal Tap
Cause deep down we all want it to go to 11
__________________
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
The movie "Almost Famous" (2000) has an excellent soundtrack and is a great movie about 70's rock bands. The new music by Stillwater is also good.
Cheers, Snade |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
The Commitments for sure!
cubdog
__________________
Adcom GFA-555II-DQ-10 Yamaha CR-2020-Dynaco A-25 Onix SP3-Klipsch Cornwall |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hadn't seen it years, but I'd love to get a copy of Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains on DVD, if they'd ever release one. I saw it years ago in USA Network, and I think VH-1 has aired it more recently. Starred Diane Lane and Laura Dern as members of a teenage girl punk band, and also featured members of The Clash and The Tubes. Jonathan Demme was a co-writer too.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Rocky Horror Picture Show and The Wall
![]() c-ya ToddG
__________________
dbx-400G,10/20eq,224X-DS,3BX III,2015eq,DX-5,120X-DS Pioneer-SR-60,RT-707,Hughes-SRS AK-100, Denon-DP45F Yamaha-CX-830,MX-630,TX-500U,KX-W900,DSP-1,M-35,ADC DD-4AX, HeadPhones-Stax SRD-4,SR-60 EarSpeakers,Mp3-1/TB Athalon with DLink DSM 320 wireless server. Infinity RS-II Last edited by ToddG; 02-11-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: added info |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Oooooo how could I forget Rocky Horror, I wanna replace HiFi with RHPS
__________________
I pass, like night, from land to land; I have strange power of speech -Samuel Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Across The Universe"
"You Can't Do That; the Making of A Hard Day's Night" "A Hard Day's Night" "The Rose" "Woodstock" "Let It Be" "School of Rock"
__________________
Warren "No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be, But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?" |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
1962's "The Music Man" is kinda corny, but if you kinda just sit back & enjoy it for what it is, then its jolly good fun. Always liked Robert Preston. And you get to see about every late-50s early '60s character actor there was in it...All those faces you grew up with.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Warren "No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be, But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?" |
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hi all,
Off the top of my head, how bout'...All that Jazz, Guys and Dolls, Jesus Christ Superstar, Phantom of the Paradise, Chicago, Oklahoma, South Pacific to name but a few. Regards, SixCats! |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Once"
"O Brother Where Art Thou?" |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
This is easy for me....
The Doors by Oliver Stone.....awesome!
__________________
PIONEER SA9500II - TX9500II - SG9500 - CTF1000 - RG1 - CS701a- QX949a/747a - SX1250/3700/780/750/727 Marantz 2100 - 1060B |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|