![]() |
|
#31
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Rick Moranis was pretty obnoxious in that too How about Eddie and The Cruisers? That should pretty much sum up Michael Pare's career
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#32
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nobody said "Heavy Metal" yet?!!
![]() -Dave
__________________
McIntosh MC225/C20, Roger Modjesky EM7 2.5, Eastern Electric MiniMax CDP, TASCAM 122 MKIII, VPI Scout w/DV 10X5, Monster Pro3500, Klipsch Heresy IIs & KG4s with Bob Crites' networks/titanium tweets, Monster Z2 and Final Labs speaker wire. |
|
#33
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well we just summed up 2 careers. Hey did I mention Diane lane was hot?
|
|
#34
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
What? High Fidelity is the best! I second that. The vinyl soundtrack is great!
__________________
PD91 | Xpression III | iPod Classic -> Marantz PM7001 | Creek OBH-11 -> Polk r30 | Grado 225 Vintage Marantz or Modern Marantz? |
|
#35
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ok,
For me: Blade Runner - great soundtrack for the time Breakfast Club - has anybody guessed my age yet? School of Rock - c'mon has pretty much every rock song you can think of...well almost (and just some others) Saturday Night Fever Fantasia Cheers
__________________
Yaqin MS-12B / Yamaha PC2002M / Technics SL-1200MKII / MGIIA /NHT SW-2 / Laptop/M-Audio Audiophile USB |
| Audiokarma |
|
#36
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Glenn Miller Story
The Benny Goodman Story The Gene Krupa Story
__________________
|
|
#37
|
||||
|
||||
|
Doh! How could I forget the film that changed the way I listened to music forever, where long sections of music replaced the need for emotive acting, that gave me an appreciation for Strauss waltzes that took me beyond the Vienna stereotype, and that opened my ears to a monumentally great composer I'd might never have heard of again?
Stanley Kubrick's 2001: A Space Odyssey. The best pure "music" movie ever made. |
|
#38
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just saw "Ray" ( I know I am really dragging on newer movies lately) and I gotta say Jamie Foxx was incredible. Dman thing almost had m in tears at one point. Ray isnt the best but its really really good.
__________________
I pass, like night, from land to land; I have strange power of speech -Samuel Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner |
|
#39
|
||||
|
||||
|
My favorites:
1. High Fidelity 2. Almost Famous favorite musical: The Producers
__________________
Sansui 8080, Technics SA-404, Sansui 3500, Yamaha CR-620 Bose 901 VI, Sansui SP 3500, Infinity SM-82, Advent Prodigy II Pioneer PL-12D |
|
#40
|
||||
|
||||
|
1. The Commitments.... One of my all time favs of any genre
2. Eddie and the Cruisers 3. Rock Rock Rock(1956)....you just had to be there |
| Audiokarma |
|
#41
|
||||
|
||||
|
Help! -- great soundtrack and fun to see the lads in all those exotic locations...
+1 My others are: Hard Days Night, High Fidelity
__________________
Phase Linear Andromedas Carver Amazings,Frazier 15 McIntosh MC2205; Manley Stingray SpeakerLab K's,Super7,3's,1's Klipsch Forte,Heresy; Kenwood KT-9900 SansuiAU20000,9090DB,9090,8080,7070,6060,5050,G5000,AU/TU-717 JBL 4430;Thorens TD145MKII,Goldring Eroica |
|
#42
|
||||
|
||||
|
Never seen any of those, but I have a M factory R2R tape of the soundtrack. Sounds WONDERFUL. I gotta see those 3.
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here |
|
#43
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Phase Linear Andromedas Carver Amazings,Frazier 15 McIntosh MC2205; Manley Stingray SpeakerLab K's,Super7,3's,1's Klipsch Forte,Heresy; Kenwood KT-9900 SansuiAU20000,9090DB,9090,8080,7070,6060,5050,G5000,AU/TU-717 JBL 4430;Thorens TD145MKII,Goldring Eroica |
|
#44
|
|||
|
|||
|
In my opinion the best music movie is "The Rose"
|
|
#45
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well, I am kicking myself, HARD.
I forgot The Song Remains the Same.
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|