Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-20-2006, 01:31 PM
soundweasel's Avatar
soundweasel soundweasel is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 13
"X-Files", "Outer Limits", "Twilight Zone" (original with Rod Serling) all of which I believe are available on DVD. And any/all of the "bad" sci-fi "B" movies!

Movies that I (re)view every year -- "Nightmare Before Christmas", "King Kong" (original) and "Apocalypse Now" (preferably on a hot, humid summer night). Go figure.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Early seasons of Reboot.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Fernzee's Avatar
Fernzee Fernzee is offline
Heyyyyyy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 8
I wouldn't mind seeing an update of Airwolf. I watched most of them as a kid, and in the last year rented the rest from Netflix.
Love that opening theme song.
__________________
My Sound:
Pioneer
SX-680 SX-780 SX-1250
PL-530 PL-A45D CT-F9191 RG-1 DT-400
2 pairs HPM-60's
Vandersteen 2 series
Bose 901 Series 1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Reel 2 Reel's Avatar
Reel 2 Reel Reel 2 Reel is offline
Mad Dog Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rockport Texas
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Early seasons of Reboot.


Reboot was cool...I have all 4 seasons.. I wish they would finish it ...

Hexadecimal was a Hottie!!!
__________________

Gary in Texas
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Time Tunnel", Land of the Giants',& of course, "Lost in Space"-all the Irwin Allen potboilers
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 09-20-2006, 04:21 PM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
UFO. Space 1999. Yea, they were cheesy but they were classic SciFi.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
"WKRP In Cincinnati"- LOVED Mr Carlson-he had absolutely NO IDEA what was going on, & wanted it that way...Also found Bailey MUCH hotter than Jennifer...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel 2 Reel
Reboot was cool...I have all 4 seasons.. I wish they would finish it ...

Hexadecimal was a Hottie!!!
You liked Hexadecimal? But yeah, that dominatrix outfit...

Me, I always liked Mouse. And in later episodes, AndrAIa (I think that's how it's spelled).

Did you see the two movies?

And what do you mean, you have all 4 seasons? Not on DVD, do you? You mean you videotaped them all, right? I have the first couple, but then my local station stopped showing them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-20-2006, 04:57 PM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
I am not a number, I am a free man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggy
The Prisoner! (late sixties)
Patrick McGoohan was a british secret agent ("number six") trapped on a wierd island that looked like a resort in Puerto Vallarta. When he tries to escape a outer limit-ish weather balloon thing bounces along, smothers him up and brings him back to his suite so he can start all over again.

All the time he's plotting to kill the (never seen) warden "number one". I think in the end he discovers that he has been "number one", all along.

Full of sexy british women, violence, bizzare sub-plots and sub-text, it was just perfect to help mold a pre-teen's psyche.
My local PBS outlet showed all 17 episodes in order one year. I was lucky enough to snag 'em all on tape, and they look mahvelous!
Tom
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Aage's Avatar
Aage Aage is offline
Custom User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by meggy
The Prisoner! (late sixties)
Patrick McGoohan was a british secret agent ("number six") trapped on a wierd island that looked like a resort in Puerto Vallarta. When he tries to escape a outer limit-ish weather balloon thing bounces along, smothers him up and brings him back to his suite so he can start all over again.

All the time he's plotting to kill the (never seen) warden "number one". I think in the end he discovers that he has been "number one", all along.

Full of sexy british women, violence, bizzare sub-plots and sub-text, it was just perfect to help mold a pre-teen's psyche.
Yes!! Even Better than My Mother The Car! Patrick McGoohan yelling "I am NOT a number", then hopping into a Mini Moke and roaring off.

Fantastic writing for back then. It would stand up well, even today.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 09-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Ronald1973's Avatar
Ronald1973 Ronald1973 is offline
8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Steele, MO
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", "Time Tunnel", Land of the Giants',& of course, "Lost in Space"-all the Irwin Allen potboilers
For a while, Sci-Fi was re-airing all of those except for "Time Tunnel." I know "Lost In Space" is out on DVD, but I'm not sure of any of the rest.

As for "My Mother, the Car" I have to be honest and say I've never watched it. No one around here showed it in reruns, so that would explain it I guess. Honestly, though, after reading about the plot of the show, I've never understood why the show got such a bad rap. It was no different than any other mid-60's sitcom. Come on, 7 people stranded on a deserted island w/ all the trappings of civilization but never able to leave is pretty cooky (though I love the show! ). "Addams Family," "The Munsters," and most of the other sitcoms were all cheesy and weird to an extent, so why the bad rap for Jerry Van Dyke and "My Mother The Car?" Can anyone fill me in on that?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Ronald1973's Avatar
Ronald1973 Ronald1973 is offline
8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Steele, MO
Posts: 26
Oh, and let me add "Flipper" to the list!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-21-2006, 06:43 AM
Arkay's Avatar
Arkay Arkay is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 225
A big "ditto" to the classic Sci Fi series (did anyone mention the original "Battlestar Galactica" series?) as well as "Outer Limits" and "Twilight Zone", and "The Prisoner". I would also add the original series of "The Avenger" [Emma Peel was scrumptious...], and "The Fugitive".

Not that they were any good (I doubt they were) but just out of nostalgia for shows seen in childhood I'd like to see the talking horse series "Mr. Ed", the short-lived cop comedy "Car 54, Where Are You?", and "Gilligan's Island", along with "My Three Sons", "The Andy Griffith Show", "The Dick Van Dyke Show", "Leave it to Beaver" and even that stupid series with the know-it-all maid named Hazel (not sure of show name).

I'd love to see all those old 50s "B" horror flicks, too. Subscribed to TCM (Turner Classic Movies) hoping to see some of those, but in the two years I've had it, I think I've only seen ONE. Seems those were not in the libraries (esp. MGM) that Turner bought. Oh, well.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-21-2006, 07:22 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundweasel
"X-Files", "Outer Limits", "Twilight Zone" (original with Rod Serling) all of which I believe are available on DVD. And any/all of the "bad" sci-fi "B" movies!

Movies that I (re)view every year -- "Nightmare Before Christmas", "King Kong" (original) and "Apocalypse Now" (preferably on a hot, humid summer night). Go figure.
I see that "Nightmare Before Christmas" is going to be released again in theatres this fall in 3D.Should be cool....
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-22-2006, 07:22 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by OvenMaster
1. Without a doubt, Roswell. Yeah, the entire series is out now on DVD, but I just wish they'd re-air them. Then I could save 'em on videotape for free!
2. No question about it: Max Headroom. I didn't have a VCR when it was first shown and unceremoniously dumped by ABC for being too close to actual portrayals of TV executives!
Tom
Now that is weird. My vidiot buddy has Max Headroom on beta from way back when and we were just talking about getting them onto a hard drive so they can be put to DVD.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.