Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM
ostlar's Avatar
ostlar ostlar is offline
Just winging it
 
Join Date: Jan 2026
Location: Norway
Posts: 22
Good news, it is now alive and well. New flyback did the trick, and it works as before.

Did a thermal image of the board, and nothing stands out except for a resistor that is hot (144°C), R623 which is feeding the horizontal circuit that I have been troubleshooting. The voltage drop over the resistor is only 2,2V, so it should only dissipate around half a watt of heat. Resistor in question is rated at 3W. The resistor is elevated quite a bit from the board, so it is expected to be hot. The max operating temperature of 3W resistors are usually from 150°C to 200°C.

I will diagnose a bit further, because I am not entirely sure the flyback died by itself. Could be driven too hard and the heat made it short out internally. The flyback itself and other components does not show any abnormal temperatures. Maybe I am a bit paranoid, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Edit: just realized I have two other TVs now with the same chassis, so I will do a thermal image of those to compare.

Last edited by ostlar; Yesterday at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.