Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-26-2026, 01:01 PM
vol.2's Avatar
vol.2 vol.2 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostlar View Post
Yes the short is gone after removing the flyback, I tested the resistors and capacitors in the circuit and they were fine.
I'm probably just going to send it with a new flyback and hope for the best.
FWIW, when I said that you should check the short condition with the flyback out of circuit, I didn't mean you should test the components.

I meant that you should verify that all short conditions are gone in the circuit by testing continuity to ground from the various points in the circuit that you initially noticed the short condition.

If you still have a weird reading, then you've still got a short present somewhere, regardless if your components test out okay in the immediate area.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Yesterday, 02:28 AM
ostlar's Avatar
ostlar ostlar is offline
Just winging it
 
Join Date: Jan 2026
Location: Norway
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by vol.2 View Post
FWIW, when I said that you should check the short condition with the flyback out of circuit, I didn't mean you should test the components.

I meant that you should verify that all short conditions are gone in the circuit by testing continuity to ground from the various points in the circuit that you initially noticed the short condition.
Yes, that's exactly what I did. I have verified that all the short conditions are gone in the circuit by doing the same measurements as I did initially. The fault is definitely in the flyback.

I'll have to wait for the new flyback to test it, and I will report back on how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
vol.2's Avatar
vol.2 vol.2 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2023
Posts: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by ostlar View Post
I'll have to wait for the new flyback to test it, and I will report back on how it goes.
Okay cool cool. Yes, I would be interested to know how things go from there.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.