![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Montgomery Ward (Sylvania chassis, OEM NAP) Tuner Trouble
First off I'm pretty ignorant when comes tuners especially the ones in TVs as I have not had to mess with them much. The last thing I need to fix is tuner on this set. Please look at videos provided in link. Video 1 is what happened when I first got the set. Since than I have repaired a bunch of cold solder joints and capacitors that had gone bad. Yes I did open the tuner it's self and there was one bad capacitor and made sure not to touch any of the coils. On video 2 which is test after service(sorry in advance for poor camera work). If anyone has any ideas wear I should I be looking at IF on main board or is it problem in the tuner module itself. I will continue to look around and with Sam's im going to check the voltage on the pins on IC601.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cv5ecr0ODXEvBy (also a copy of service manual and chassis is 26C616) https://archive.org/details/36112731...93729186_n.jpg |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you're getting snow like that, it seems the tuner and IF amplifier are working.
Guesses: May be a problem with AGC or sync (which could be on the same module as the IF), or a connection between modules, or a ground connection. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Results: Pin 3 .7v the Sam's says .6 volts Pin 4 11v the Sam's says 4.7volts ( 4.5 -11volts ) RF AGC range Pin 14 12v the Sam's says 7volts ( 6.7- 11volts ) IF AGC range Some other pins were reading not what the schematics said they should. I will go and check the connection between the modules. Also I will check the grounds as this TV has had bunch of cold solder joints I had to fix. Last edited by liammc00; Yesterday at 06:26 PM. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pins 4 and 14 are far out of spec. Have you checked all the power supply voltages?
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Pin 14 ( 6.7- 11volts ) IF AGC range. So it is in range and its like it's trying to drive the gain as hard as it can like a weak signal. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|