Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 08-30-2020, 12:57 PM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Similar issue with same design hv cage

I still have the ctc 53 that I suspect melted the hv cup based on the smell and smoke in the house when i awoke. The set was working very well with no arcing sound until I fell asleep. The thing that gets me is that part was little more than 50 years old. Could they design it better for those of us that need our money's worth? I bet I won't be joking if the flyback is melted which is more likely because my large apt was filled with smoke and awful stink. Stupid me didn't want the service plan for $15.00!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.