Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #3  
Old 06-09-2020, 09:20 AM
madlabs madlabs is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 389
Penthode,

If you are a broadcast engineer and a Roku is good enough for your vintage TV watching, I am sure that it is good enough for me. I am just tired of the side bars and lost screen space when streaming video to my Predicta. I have never used a Roku and am not sure how they work, but will any of them work? I took a look and the Roku I does not seem available. Is there much fussing about with the Roku or once I set it up will it just convert whatever content I stream?

I did go look on epay for a hardware rescaler and there are a lot of choices. Any recommendations for a lower end unit? I don't need broadcast quality, just to get rid of the dang side bars.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: Did some looking at Roku and it seems that they are used with a TV. I am just using a laptop to stream content to my TV. So the Roku will not work for me?
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.