Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 01-14-2020, 12:24 AM
MadMan's Avatar
MadMan MadMan is offline
The Resident Brony
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhifi View Post
I tried goo gone, acetone, wood stripper, lacquer thinner, paint thinner, as well as soap and water. The most effective thing was just repeated scrubbing until every last trace was gone. I'm kind of afraid of how toxic an actually effective solvent would be! Good thing is, this isn't exactly a job I have to do often.
Well, there are plenty more solvents to try. I'm just spitballing here, but how about: paint stripper (the good shit, not the 'eco-friendly' garbage), brake fluid, xylol, hydrochloric acid, I would say gasoline, but I doubt that would work... methanol, perhaps?

I'm honestly surprised that acetone didn't work. Then again, I was trying to remove a lot of urethane grout haze the other day, and just about nothing worked. Acetone did best, but evaporated so quickly, you couldn't work with it. Xylol did alright, but a little slow.

Last edited by MadMan; 01-14-2020 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.