Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 03-31-2011, 09:28 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
My training in psychology allows me to accurately interpret exactly what your dream actually tells about your deepest thoughts and desires...
1. You genuinely desire to own and operate a brand-new white 1967 Lincoln Continental convertable in the fall of 1966.
2. You know something that I did not know in that apparently Chris Montez is another one of those men that not only was desired to be with by women but also desired to be by men.
3. You love yourself so very much that you need no other actual in person human contact to enjoy your life completely.
In conclusion I must ad that you are perfectly normal by our society's standards. Also, I think Chris' song "Call Me" is a great song with a classy and cool sound that makes me imagine being at some swanky party at the Playboy mansion in Chicago after the video taping of "Playboy After Dark" in the fall of 1966.

Please accept this evaluation for absolutely no charge
Ok, I'll buy that...And freely admit that I'm basically a narcisstic bastard who's in love w/himself, & has an odd fondness for cars w/unusual door arraingements...But where does the Cincy business fit in ?!? I finally fulfilled the '67 Lincoln part of it, as I actually HAVE a white '67 convertible w/black leather seats...Maybe someday I'll tool up to Cincy in it & check THAT off the "To Do" list...But I'll bring my wife along, too.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-31-2011, 11:13 PM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Ok, I'll buy that...And freely admit that I'm basically a narcisstic bastard who's in love w/himself, & has an odd fondness for cars w/unusual door arraingements...But where does the Cincy business fit in ?!? I finally fulfilled the '67 Lincoln part of it, as I actually HAVE a white '67 convertible w/black leather seats...Maybe someday I'll tool up to Cincy in it & check THAT off the "To Do" list...But I'll bring my wife along, too.
At this time we are not able to be 100% sure about exactly what every detail of a dream means. However, considering that Chris Montez was rumored to have a secret hideaway in Cincy during that time one could safely assume that while you may not consciously remember knowing that fact, your mind believed you could simply drop in on him for all sorts of reasons or desires that you may not wish to know about or admit to yourself. Keeping in mind that your dream did not include your wife and now you write that you would bring her could indicate much more that perhaps should not be written about for everybody to wonder about. It could be as simple and innocent as you wanted to let him know that you appreciate his song.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-01-2011, 06:59 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Ahh, yeah, maybe so, but I hadn't even met my wife back in the '80s when I had those bizarre dreams...My dad used to go to Cincy on business trips back in the Sixties when I was a kid, he'd bring back wonderments we couldn't get at home... I thought it must have been some magickal place like you saw on TV, unlike hardscrabble NE Tenn...And I've just always liked the song. As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-01-2011, 08:25 AM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
Ahh, yeah, maybe so, but I hadn't even met my wife back in the '80s when I had those bizarre dreams...My dad used to go to Cincy on business trips back in the Sixties when I was a kid, he'd bring back wonderments we couldn't get at home... I thought it must have been some magickal place like you saw on TV, unlike hardscrabble NE Tenn...And I've just always liked the song. As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar...
Had you givin that info I would have thought that inspite of the impression many things you write give me, the cigar you seem to seek is likely merely a cigar.
I never heard of the word: "hardscrabble" but I looked it up and it brings me to imagine it must of been what I would think of as a horrible beginning in terms of preparing you for the world we live in today. I expect you would not see it that way and that is a good thing. When I have visited such places like Chattanooga I feel I am in Selma, Alabama in the early '60's because of the behaviors and words of those I met from a poor black boy at a convieniant store that seemed afraid to say anything in response to my "Hi" as I passed him to the very wealthy, oil company executive "friend" who lives on Signal Mountain. That trip was in recent times and I hope I never see Tennessee again
I hope your dad is still there for you. I bet he is a great man.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-02-2011, 09:10 AM
holmesuser01's Avatar
holmesuser01 holmesuser01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
One I discovered recently while recording some 78's is Frankie Laine and Jimmy Boyd's duet of "The Little Boy and the Old Man".

It was the B side of the Novelty song "Tell me a Story" and is way superior IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-Bc...eature=related
I recently found a 10 LP set of fabulous 50's recordings from Columbia. Believe it or not, I only bought it for "Tell Me A Story," which was a favorite when I was growing up waay back when...

The Little Boy and The Old Man is excellent in its own rite, but is not included in this set.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 04-02-2011, 02:38 PM
GeorgeJetson's Avatar
GeorgeJetson GeorgeJetson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The future (circa 1957-1961)
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty59 View Post
I can't help but think of Screamin' Jay Hawkins "I Put a Spell On You". Sure, CCR did a decient cover of it but it doesn't scream like Jay!
Screamin' Jay is great!

Personally "Little Demon" from 1956 blows "I put a spell on you" away,you want to get some weird looks drive down the street with you windows rolled down blasting that song!

"The whammy" is another great Screamin' Jay song.


Jay made some of the most utterly bizzare music...his Album "At home with Screamin Jay" contains such odditys as "I love Paris" and "Take me back to my boots and saddle" with the Ray Charles singers in the background.(No not THAT Ray Charles!)

He supposedly was drunk when he recorded "I put a spell on you" and didnt remember even doing it when it was played back for him later.
__________________
No wonder this circuit failed,it says "made in Japan"!

Last edited by GeorgeJetson; 04-03-2011 at 01:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 PM
AUdubon5425's Avatar
AUdubon5425 AUdubon5425 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Picayune, Miss.
Posts: 1,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
...When I have visited such places like Chattanooga I feel I am in Selma, Alabama in the early '60's because of the behaviors and words of those I met from a poor black boy at a convieniant store that seemed afraid to say anything in response to my "Hi" as I passed him to the very wealthy, oil company executive "friend" who lives on Signal Mountain. That trip was in recent times and I hope I never see Tennessee again...
You can find what you want anywhere if you look hard enough. Condemning the entire State of Tennessee is going a bit far. So is the inference to Selma.
__________________
AUdubon5425 Youtube Channel
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-02-2011, 09:08 PM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUdubon5425 View Post
You can find what you want anywhere if you look hard enough. Condemning the entire State of Tennessee is going a bit far. So is the inference to Selma.
Your words suggest u are just as quick to judge without getting the facts or questioning what you think u understand as those that give tenn and places allover the earth a bad name. i am sure u mean well. i know u are a good man.
So, do we ignore the bad and hope it goes away? Do we pretend bad does not exist? When we are hurt by others do we shut our mouth lest we say somthin somebody does not like or want to hear? Selma of the '60's was not a good reference to make a respectful point?
You are sorely mistaken to read into my words that I was condeming the whole state of Tenn. Although very fattening, the food was good. Sandy is a wonderful man. A couple friends that were entertaing me on new money , snooty Signal Mountain are wonderful people. They were born and raised there but now live in Florida... go figure
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-02-2011, 10:09 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Oh, well... Enuff w/the psychoanalysin' of me & condemnation of the Great State of Tennessee...I AM quite probably insane, as well as exhibiting dangerous latent sadomasochistic/latent homosexual tendencies...I'll plead guilty, even if I don't really know-Or particularly CARE-what most o' them $400 words are talkin' about...All I know is I generally like music that is from the postwar era up til the late Sixties-Lush instrumental tunes, by guys such as Les Baxter, Martin Denny, Henry Mancini, Leroy Anderson, etc. I think some of it could be called "Lounge Music", but that's maybe a bit harsh to lump ALL of it in w/"Lounge", & the very term "Lounge" has some certain less-than-savoury connotations. I prefer the term "Empire Music", an era when Ike or a handsome young man from Beantown was president, your dad worked, Mom was in the kitchen, TV was B/W, & America was unquestionally the best place in the whole wide world on Earth. OK, it was a bit naive, but what have we gained from the last 40-45 years worth of listening to our self-appointed critics ? Music was confident, self-assured, strong then...And it was made by real, live humans playing INSTRUMENTS, not some narrow-glasses wearing geek programming a feckin' Autotuner gizmo. Go to YouTube & watch "A Summer Place" by Percy Faith from 1960-There is a B/W kinescope of his orchestra playing it-and then name me ANY modern pop song that comes close.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-03-2011, 01:24 AM
JB5pro JB5pro is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 616
Sandy man I agree with you on most everything. It is a shame so many here don't recognize I am actually completely in line with the popular mindsets here. It seems there are extremely rigid unspoken guidelines for wording expected or I should go to he--. I knew I shoulda not dropped outta church school Such obvious hatred towards me at the drop of a dime. Maybe someday I will "get it". I hope so cause I sure don't wanna go to he--.

It is also a shame that it seems clear that most of "today's" people who are inheriting all that great people like you, your father, others from Tenn and everywhere else are leaving us do not properly appreciate you while you are still here. I appreciate all of you and yet no matter how hard I try to interact in a good way I feel I am essentially spit on. Just a real shame all the way around.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.