Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 03-01-2010, 12:33 AM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
Flat panels, especially LCD computer monitors crap out quite frequently, the last month I fixed 9 LCD monitors, all the same crap. Bad chinese power supply caps, no cooling kills these puppies. Also excessive heat at the top of the screen unbonds the fine ribbon cable causing lines and streaks of colors to vertically fill the screen. Seems to me the early LCD's are doing this. That and the Electroluminescent lamp that spans accross the bottom of the LCD gets weak after a bit of use causing a pinkish raster with a substantial loss of brightness.

This, I believe is the LCD's version of "bad guns". Virtualy unreparable. I have done a few but it's almost not worth the hassle.

CRT's, like Kiwick stated, are just workhoses, and LCD's are finicky and cannot take a bump the the screen.

3 to 4 years is all I see LCD's around here lasting.
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.