Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-07-2008, 10:54 AM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted Almond View Post
Russ, I believe the premise was the same as the books/movies 2001 and 2010. It was okay for us to be violent down here. But as soon as we stretched our legs a little, and could get around to other planets and stuff, we became a threat to more than ourselves. That's what got us the warning.
This more or less sums up my opinion on you staying in New Jersey.
__________________
"If evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks,
And the Devil is a railroad car."

-Josh Ritter-
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-07-2008, 12:58 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentoze View Post
This more or less sums up my opinion on you staying in New Jersey.
Someday I want to buy you a drink.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-09-2008, 06:41 AM
Toasted Almond Toasted Almond is offline
Ballbreaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Exit 5 on the Jersey Turnpike
Posts: 78
Make it a nice tall glass of lye would you?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-09-2008, 08:23 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasted Almond View Post
Make it a nice tall glass of lye would you?
One for me too?



Going by the trailers, I'll buy a seat. Not a remake so much but a new film carrying over some of the original film details.

The trailers -

You Tube Trailer (short)

Apple Trailer (high quality)

Unknown source, 7.5 minutes (let it load, come back later) -

Extended Trailer
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Michael Powers Michael Powers is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4
Cool Too bad.......

I was hoping that the cast of "A Scanner Darkly' would be involved in a re-make of "Dark Star"......Keanu would have made a great Captain.......
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 11-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Tinitus's Avatar
Tinitus Tinitus is offline
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Naperville,IL
Posts: 13
I saw that trailer a few weeks ago. Same title but apparently different movie. In the original, alien makes his point by making everything stop working at a given time, hence the title. In the new one, alien makes his point by blowing the living s**t out of one or more major metropolitan centers. Should have named it "The Day The Earth Got F****D"
__________________
Main: SX1010 * PL-12D * CD Player 3 * CT-F700 * CS-99A + Goodmans Magisters
Computer: JVC R-X500 * Stanton 8004 * TB Santa Cruz * Roland MA-110 + Genesis 1 + JVC PSW1000 sub
Occasional: Kenwood KR-4400 * Infinity 4000A
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
My kid and I watched the previews, I withdraw my skepticism.

and Tinitus, I have your avatar on my wall.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-14-2008, 08:01 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holst View Post

and Tinitus, I have your avatar on my wall.
It is a good thing I placed no bets on the movie source of that poster.

In my mind's eye it was from 'This Island Earth' -





I thought I had seen 'Invasion of the Saucer-Men' but guess I had it confused with 'Earth vs. the Flying Saucers'.

(Boy, there is a whole thread there on 50's sci-fi!)
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Tinitus's Avatar
Tinitus Tinitus is offline
Forum Lurker
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Naperville,IL
Posts: 13
Nice catch, guys. Those movies I grew up with are hardly on TV anymore.
__________________
Main: SX1010 * PL-12D * CD Player 3 * CT-F700 * CS-99A + Goodmans Magisters
Computer: JVC R-X500 * Stanton 8004 * TB Santa Cruz * Roland MA-110 + Genesis 1 + JVC PSW1000 sub
Occasional: Kenwood KR-4400 * Infinity 4000A
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-14-2008, 09:04 AM
JoZmo's Avatar
JoZmo JoZmo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bosstown
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by botrytis View Post
Problem with Reeves as an actor is he has one emotion and it will be terrible here.

WHY DO THEY MESS WITH CLASSICS!!
That's exactly the way I feel about Nicolas Cage... no talent, one dimensional!
IMHO.


WHY DO THEY MESS WITH CLASSICS!!

Because they can't come up with anything original I'd say.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 AM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217


Look, it's Scrotor!
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-14-2008, 10:06 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
"Michael Rennie was ill The Day The Earth Stood Still, & he told us where it began...And Flash Gordon was there in Silver Underwear, Claude Rains was the Invisible Man..."
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
"Michael Rennie was ill The Day The Earth Stood Still, & he told us where it began...And Flash Gordon was there in Silver Underwear, Claude Rains was the Invisible Man..."
I suppose the elephant in the room is if you really get hot when you see Janette Scott?



We have now fully sailed away to the land of OT..................................
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 AM
Bogframe's Avatar
Bogframe Bogframe is offline
Holy Pioneer!
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
"Michael Rennie was ill The Day The Earth Stood Still, & he told us where it began...And Flash Gordon was there in Silver Underwear, Claude Rains was the Invisible Man..."
The Horror, the Horror!
__________________

"A drummer, bass and two guitars
When you're playing Tasty, you'll go far
Tasty, ooh Tasty, ain't it time we mellow out?"


Tasty-The Good Rats
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Yeah, but all youse bestids KNEW what I was talkin' 'bout, didn't ya ?!? Hehehehehe..."Science Fiction, Double Feature...Doctor X will build a creature...See Androids fighting Brad 'n' Janet...."
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.