![]() |
|
#31
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
"If evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks, And the Devil is a railroad car." -Josh Ritter- |
|
#32
|
||||
|
||||
|
Someday I want to buy you a drink.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#33
|
|||
|
|||
|
Make it a nice tall glass of lye would you?
__________________
|
|
#34
|
||||
|
||||
|
One for me too?
![]() Going by the trailers, I'll buy a seat. Not a remake so much but a new film carrying over some of the original film details. The trailers - You Tube Trailer (short) Apple Trailer (high quality) Unknown source, 7.5 minutes (let it load, come back later) - Extended Trailer
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#35
|
|||
|
|||
|
I was hoping that the cast of "A Scanner Darkly' would be involved in a re-make of "Dark Star"......Keanu would have made a great Captain.......
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#36
|
||||
|
||||
|
I saw that trailer a few weeks ago. Same title but apparently different movie. In the original, alien makes his point by making everything stop working at a given time, hence the title. In the new one, alien makes his point by blowing the living s**t out of one or more major metropolitan centers. Should have named it "The Day The Earth Got F****D"
__________________
Main: SX1010 * PL-12D * CD Player 3 * CT-F700 * CS-99A + Goodmans Magisters Computer: JVC R-X500 * Stanton 8004 * TB Santa Cruz * Roland MA-110 + Genesis 1 + JVC PSW1000 sub Occasional: Kenwood KR-4400 * Infinity 4000A |
|
#37
|
||||
|
||||
|
My kid and I watched the previews, I withdraw my skepticism.
and Tinitus, I have your avatar on my wall.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD |
|
#38
|
||||
|
||||
|
It is a good thing I placed no bets on the movie source of that poster.
In my mind's eye it was from 'This Island Earth' - ![]() ![]() I thought I had seen 'Invasion of the Saucer-Men' but guess I had it confused with 'Earth vs. the Flying Saucers'. (Boy, there is a whole thread there on 50's sci-fi!)
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#39
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nice catch, guys. Those movies I grew up with are hardly on TV anymore.
__________________
Main: SX1010 * PL-12D * CD Player 3 * CT-F700 * CS-99A + Goodmans Magisters Computer: JVC R-X500 * Stanton 8004 * TB Santa Cruz * Roland MA-110 + Genesis 1 + JVC PSW1000 sub Occasional: Kenwood KR-4400 * Infinity 4000A |
|
#40
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
IMHO. WHY DO THEY MESS WITH CLASSICS!! Because they can't come up with anything original I'd say. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#41
|
||||
|
||||
![]() Look, it's Scrotor!
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD |
|
#42
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Michael Rennie was ill The Day The Earth Stood Still, & he told us where it began...And Flash Gordon was there in Silver Underwear, Claude Rains was the Invisible Man..."
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#43
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
![]() We have now fully sailed away to the land of OT..................................
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#44
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Horror, the Horror!
__________________
"A drummer, bass and two guitars When you're playing Tasty, you'll go far Tasty, ooh Tasty, ain't it time we mellow out?" Tasty-The Good Rats |
|
#45
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, but all youse bestids KNEW what I was talkin' 'bout, didn't ya ?!? Hehehehehe..."Science Fiction, Double Feature...Doctor X will build a creature...See Androids fighting Brad 'n' Janet...."
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|