Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:01 AM
ARRAY's Avatar
ARRAY ARRAY is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Smack in the Middle, CANADA
Posts: 4
It's painful to watch television these days, there's just way too much propaganda and fantasy.
__________________
You'll neversee me use the terms "warm", "sweet" or "musical" to describe equipment sonics.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffer View Post
Nice looking girls, other than that, I wasn't impressed.



Your kidding right? Ever see Firefly/Serenity/The Unit/The 4400? Summer Glau is a big SF cult favorite and probably the main reason many watched the show (including me):

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1132359/
I second the motion. Not impressed with 5'3" Hot Chick Terminator.
__________________
Sansui Receiver Seven, Sony XA3ES, Klipsch KLF20's. .



Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Cpt.Beaky's Avatar
Cpt.Beaky Cpt.Beaky is offline
And His Travelling Band
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Near Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla View Post
I second the motion. Not impressed with 5'3" Hot Chick Terminator.
C'mon, if you were John Connor and you were sending yourself a robot servant for your teenage years, would you choose Arnie or her?

Anyways, the show's alright. I kind of zone out whenever Sarah Connor goes on one of her motherly monologues (and why's she angry about EVERYTHING? Termichickinator tells her she should have been smarter about hiding and she tells her to go to hell? How did that happen?)

I figure all the lame drama stuff got squeezed in as an attempt to appease the ladies being forced to watch it. The special effects have impressed me so far, and that's what I'm really watching for. The fact that I don't care much for the characters and that the good guys and the bad guys are constantly doing exactly the opposite of what they should and would do... hopefully that ends.

I'll continue watching for now.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-21-2008, 04:00 PM
riffer riffer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
I understand they lost half the audience from Sunday to Monday.

Episode 3 tonight should be the do or die. More of a drop and they will go the way of Bionic Woman.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-21-2008, 04:18 PM
ccheath's Avatar
ccheath ccheath is offline
Got an Idea!
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Posts: 20
Haven't seen any episode yet.

Hated Smallville. Is this just as bad?

You guys are making it sound like I'm not really missing anything.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 01-22-2008, 11:48 AM
Jack G Jack G is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffer View Post
I understand they lost half the audience from Sunday to Monday.

Episode 3 tonight should be the do or die. More of a drop and they will go the way of Bionic Woman.
I watched episode 3 last night. It was bad, very bad. I don't know if I'll watch it any more.
Jack
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
riffer riffer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack G View Post
I watched episode 3 last night. It was bad, very bad. I don't know if I'll watch it any more.
Jack

Strangely, it is starting to grow on me. I think I will watch next week.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Snade's Avatar
Snade Snade is offline
humble AK member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago burbs - DuPage county
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack G View Post
I watched episode 3 last night. It was bad, very bad. I don't know if I'll watch it any more.
Jack
I agree. I'm done with this show. The writing now is so bad it's painful to watch.

Like many shows, only the pilot was good.

Snade
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM
BaggedLancer's Avatar
BaggedLancer BaggedLancer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 5
I enjoy it I'm going to keep watching.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Unican_Eric's Avatar
Unican_Eric Unican_Eric is offline
Pioneerious Collecticus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cornwall,Ontario, Canada
Posts: 25
I enjoyed last nights episode as well. I admit its not all fighting and fast paced, but they have to set up the characters.

I think the cop is gonna start seeing that hes in a little something bigger than what he thought and may even come to their side.

We see now that John feels held back by his mother and we find out that Sarah dosent have the balls to "kill" when its necessary.

The skin growing part was a bit far feched but hey it is science fiction.

Lets see what happens.

Now of what I understand of the Bionic Women, its not that it went off the air its just they are out of episodes. They will have to wait till the writers strike is over before it comes back on.
Maybe they producers can use this to their advantage. If they have read the reviews they can use this off time to change the way is going before it truly goes down hill.
I enjoyed the Bionic Women as well.
__________________
LivingRoom
Pioneer SX-1250,Energy 5.1e,Pioneer PD-F908.
In restoration - Pioneer SX-1010

Eric (Unican)
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #56  
Old 01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
daddydlb's Avatar
daddydlb daddydlb is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lakes area of Minnesota
Posts: 8
Lena Heady was the queen in 300. She was great in that movie and sexy too.
She does a good job in this series also.
__________________
Sansui 9090DB
Thorens TD 145 MkII
Yamaha DVD C750
Teac A4010SL
Klipsch Forte II's
Polk Monitor 10 II's
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:25 PM
prisoners's Avatar
prisoners prisoners is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 62
Tonight's episode was very good! I'm glad that I've stayed with it.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
BaggedLancer's Avatar
BaggedLancer BaggedLancer is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 5
"I call shotgun."

"I call 9 millimeter."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 02-11-2008, 09:33 PM
prisoners's Avatar
prisoners prisoners is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 62
I wonder how that mysterious chic at school will play into things?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 02-11-2008, 10:11 PM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Damn, I forgot about it tonight. Is it replayed later in the week or online?
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.