Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:58 PM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Meanie
I may be a bit strange, but I've always especially liked ELP's live cover version of Peter Gunn.
I'm not sure what one has to do with the other, but...me too! (On both: being strange, and the liking of ELP's version.)
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-06-2007, 02:11 AM
donoghue donoghue is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Home of the "Little" 500
Posts: 75
Monk and The Wire both have great theme songs, along with being great shows, at least the early seasons that I've seen. The Randy Newman song that popped up in the 2nd or 3rd season of Monk is perfect for the show. Love the closing credit music for the Wire. I've had a mini-Monk marathon the past couple days and remembered this antiquated thread.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-06-2007, 09:22 AM
RayW's Avatar
RayW RayW is offline
speaker geeker
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Middle of Nowhere, IL
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by donoghue View Post
The Randy Newman song that popped up in the 2nd or 3rd season of Monk is perfect for the show.
Personally, I liked the season 1 Monk theme with just the guitar. It was one of my favorite themes.

Another that I loved was the reggae number for the short lived series "Going To Extremes" about a med school on a tropical island. The show never made it but the theme was fantastic.

Ray
__________________
"Keep your raft from the riverboat. Fiction over fact always has my vote. And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been." -Jimmy Buffett
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-06-2007, 09:30 AM
70salesguy's Avatar
70salesguy 70salesguy is offline
Only 99 easy payments!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Close to Charlotte NC, but not TOO close!
Posts: 109
Smile Who?

I find it interesting that ALL 3 of the "CSI" shows use music from The Who for theme music
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.