![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
TV themes/music...
What are some of yr favorite TV themes/Music ? Doesn't necessarily have to be the opening theme, just a bar or 2 that was played in the show. F'r instance, the "Tender love" theme in the original "Star Trek"- They played it for Mr Spock in that episode w/the funky plants that shot spores & Spock got emotions. They played it every time Jill Ireland's character, Spock's G/F comes around. Another one of my faves was the opening theme from "Crime Story", a bitchin' Version of "Runaway" by Del Shannon. Sadly, Shannon killed himself not long after the show was on the air. One of the prettiest TV themes was Dominic Frontiere's score for the 1975 TV movie "THe Black Dahlia", starring Lucy Arnaz, & Efrem Zimbalist, Jr., about a famous 1947 murder in Los Angeles that was never really solved. And, going back a little, I LOVED "The Banana Splits' "Tra-La-La" song from 1969, when I was a kid. What are some of yours?
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Bonanza,was one of my favs.If I hear it today I am back in 1964,
Also enjoyed the theme from The green Hornet. Alan
__________________
Vinum et musica laetificant cor
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
The theme from Baretta by Dave Grusin, and the theme from Taxi by Bob James.
__________________
Sumiko Blackbird, RB-300 w/TechnoWeight, Sota Sapphire, Sansui T-717, MHZS CD33E, ARC PH-3, ARC SP 9 Mk III, ARC D-240, Altec 14 |
|
#4
|
|||
|
|||
|
Suicide is Painless(Theme from Mash)
Welcome Back- John Sebastion |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Gotta love The Munsters "Surf Rock" theme!
On a more nostalgic note, A few years ago I was dozing off in the recliner when the Green Acres theme started playing on TV Land, just for a brief moment I was a 6 year old kid again falling asleep on my parents couch, it was quite a disappointment to wake up and realize it was a dream.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dum, da dum dum. Dragnet. Everybody knows it instantly.
And how could you not like Frankie Laine, belting out the "Rawhide" theme? And Johnny Rivers doing "Secret Agent Man" (which was released as a single.) The minimalist "dee-dee-dee-dee, dee-dee-dee-dee" theme from "The Twilight Zone" is a classic. As is the Funeral March of the Marionette, which was Alfred Hitchcock's theme.
__________________
Too bad, it only seems, to happen in my dreams, Only in dreams, In beautiful dreams. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Hill Street Blues" was a good one, as was "WKRP in Cincinnati". Here's a couple of VERY obscure ones:"Tucker's Witch" & "The Feather & Father Gang".
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
To name a few
Unsolved Mysteries Knight Rider Space 1999 Star Trek Voyager
__________________
LivingRoom Pioneer SX-1250,Energy 5.1e,Pioneer PD-F908. In restoration - Pioneer SX-1010 Eric (Unican) |
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
The bluesy theme from Becker is killer. Whoever is playing guitar has killer tone.
I second Hill Street Blues, it has always been one of my faves...now, let's be careful out there! |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
The theme song from Sanford and Son is one of my all time faves. I rescently scored a Lou Donaldson LP and low and behold there was the tune.
The theme for Enterprise is also kinda cool. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
The very first original "I Dream Of Jeannie" song from the first 1965 season. Music by "Duval". It was the slow one with a lot of strings instruments. That was lush and romantic.
Last edited by denniswilson; 08-07-2006 at 10:58 AM. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
I always liked the "1965" "Jeanie" theme better, too
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hawaii Five-O. Where's Jack Lord when you need him?
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Besides all the ones mentioned above I remember watching as a kid Gilligan's Island and the Banana Splits after school.
The more contemporary ones I like is the theme to X-Files, Twin Peaks, and Alias. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|