Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 08-30-2007, 05:21 PM
arrow 68 arrow 68 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
...An' then there was "Zardoz" w/Sean Connery & Charlotte Rampling, a '70s era fair-to-middlin' Hottie, spending most of the movie Emoting at each other whilst basically runnin' around Nekkid... Charlotte was right purty Nekkid, but Sean was an old man, & I don't much fancy lookin' at ol' Nekkid men runnin' around... Or young ones, either, for that matter...<grin>
I have not seen Zardoz in a long, long time. I was to young to see it upon it's initial release. Saw it in the early 80's and always liked it's weirdness.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 08-30-2007, 05:38 PM
kichijai's Avatar
kichijai kichijai is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Conn.
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny View Post
Cop Land and excess baggage

No way. Not even close.
__________________
Acurus A250, RL-11, JVC XL-1050, Ohm Walsh 2
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 08-30-2007, 06:20 PM
cableguy's Avatar
cableguy cableguy is offline
In Twang We Trust
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Twin Falls ID
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
"The Evil Dead". Went to see it 'cause it was filmed here in E.Tennessee, ran out of the theater 'cause it was so DREADFUL...
Sandy, Best Bad movie ever...
I love this movie, but then again I'm a pretty weird cat....




Bill
__________________
Bill

Bad food is made without pride, by cooks who have no pride and no love. Bad food is fake food food that shows fear.....
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 08-30-2007, 06:46 PM
theophile's Avatar
theophile theophile is offline
Pheasant Plucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrow 68 View Post
Just about every movie made in the last 10 years is bad. Biopics, and action movies with so much action it's like your watching a video game. I like movies with a story. That translates into mostly pre 1980 film.
I call them 'Explosion Movies'.
Not much story,but lots of explosions.
__________________
Yamaha GT-2000/Yamaha YSA-1
The Voice Ebony
Simaudio Moon LP 5.3
Hornshoppe 'The Truth'
KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
I thought "NeverEnding Story" was a suckerino, too. It was TOO cute, TOO cloying, Too much too much... It's like the producers sat down & said, "We wanna make a "Cute" movie. Let's figger out what makes a movie "Cute" & then multiply it by a factor of 5." This they did, but IIRC, they were Germans, & as Germans they over-engineered it, und it came out so damn cute you could catch diabetes from watching it, the flick was so sweet & sugary...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #81  
Old 08-30-2007, 08:48 PM
Cloth Ears's Avatar
Cloth Ears Cloth Ears is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I thought "NeverEnding Story" was a suckerino, too. It was TOO cute, TOO cloying, Too much too much... It's like the producers sat down & said, "We wanna make a "Cute" movie. Let's figger out what makes a movie "Cute" & then multiply it by a factor of 5." This they did, but IIRC, they were Germans, & as Germans they over-engineered it, und it came out so damn cute you could catch diabetes from watching it, the flick was so sweet & sugary...
Yet it's almost an exact (word-for-word) production of the frist half of the book. And the second movie does the second half - although, funnily enough, with no US backing, as the story was pretty depressing (for every wish made, the hero loses a memory until he has none left).
__________________
Jonty

It is impossible to build a fool proof system; because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 08-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Cloth Ears's Avatar
Cloth Ears Cloth Ears is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by outshined View Post
I like movies where everyone ends up dead.
In this one, one of the 'buddy' cops dies in about the first 15 minutes, but gets brought back to life (and starts to smell a bit after a while). All the bank robbers are zombies and it's even got Vincent Price and Darren McGavin. Actually, maybe it's not the 'worst' .
__________________
Jonty

It is impossible to build a fool proof system; because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-02-2007, 05:30 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Posts: 46
G.I. Jane.......nuf said!
__________________
Sansui Receiver Seven, Sony XA3ES, Klipsch KLF20's. .



Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Watching "Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang" on TV right now. Wonderful kiddie flick, was 11 when it came out. Amazing EFX, since in '68 they didn't have a tenth of the tricks up their sleeves as they do now...That was the 1st kiddie flick I remember where they mass-merchandised eveything about it...You couldn't turn the TV on that summer that there wasn't some "CCBB" tie in-toys, trinkets, the works. Nice to see Benny Hill & Gert Frobe again...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-02-2007, 05:41 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
"You couldn't turn the TV on that summer that there wasn't some "CCBB" tie in-toys, trinkets, the works."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still have my CCBB Hot Wheels car, complete with the fold-out wings.
Wonder if it's worth anything?
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #86  
Old 09-02-2007, 06:05 PM
clydeselsor's Avatar
clydeselsor clydeselsor is offline
tubes and vinyl
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Portage/Burns Harbor, IN
Posts: 69
The legend of Bagger Vance. The book was even more unbelievable!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-02-2007, 07:57 PM
godzilla's Avatar
godzilla godzilla is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Ypsilanti, Michigan
Posts: 46
Obviously by name you can tell I may be a Godzilla fan...Yes I am...Love the rubber suit...screw CGI!! I grew up with it on WOR Channel 9 as a kid in the 70's. Anyways, the worst movie of the 28 is Toho's 1973 squalid production of Godzilla vs. Megalon. God aweful...even by poorly dubbed Japanese movie standards. The amazing thing is, the music is worst of all...real crappy jazz!

__________________
Sansui Receiver Seven, Sony XA3ES, Klipsch KLF20's. .



Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-03-2007, 01:58 AM
willhowl's Avatar
willhowl willhowl is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 9
Dead? Zombies? got 'em rightcheer for ya'!!!!

Cloth Ears- Your choice of movie (dead cops still running around) I believe "starred" Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo. I think it was titled Dead Heat. Yes, it stank!!! Sampled dialog " you don't smell so good" " well hell- you've only been dead two days-and you ain't so fresh either" Something like that. Kind of a goofy charm to it, though.

Next comment/non-review:

Outshined- "everyone ends up dead"- Got cha covered,bro. Also many other AKers should check this out-It's got music! Well, sort of.The title leaves little to the imagination. Surprise!!! About halfway through, the plot twists into a truly warped direction. Some sick cats were in on this one! However, it's so ridiculous that it stays rather amusing.I guess I'm sick too.

The title is"Hard Rock Zombies". As I said, the first part is "normal" teen drive-in horror flick fare.Lotsa gore, crazed midgets running around, shapely babes, some distant nudity, horrible "music" etc. etc.

Then the plot(yes,I'm being kind) becomes ....well, I just can't say.....

... It must be seen to be believed.Once seen,never forgotten! And you'll want to. Forget,that is. Truly a perverse, demented classic.

I found my copy at BigLots for $2. A pittance for a contender for worst movie ever made.

View at your own risk........willhowl
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-03-2007, 02:03 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
"Hard Rock Zombies?"
From your plot set-up, it sounds like it has potential! Even bad movies can be fun.
I'll see if its available for rent.

Thanks!
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloth Ears View Post
In this one, one of the 'buddy' cops dies in about the first 15 minutes, but gets brought back to life (and starts to smell a bit after a while). All the bank robbers are zombies and it's even got Vincent Price and Darren McGavin. Actually, maybe it's not the 'worst' .
I remember watching "Dead Bang" But I don't remember the movie itself

Gonna hafta watch it again. Its been a while. Sounds a little betta than I thought.

My vote for worst movie? Geez, there are zillions of em. But one I really disliked is "Higher Learning" with Jenny Connelly, Ice Cube and Larry Fishburn.

I know what the plot is, but it's so weak it's pathetic. And what the hell is that goofy accent of Fishburns supposed to be?

Since I like Connelly (what a babe ) I bought it without watching first.
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.