Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 08-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
...An' then there was "Zardoz" w/Sean Connery & Charlotte Rampling, a '70s era fair-to-middlin' Hottie, spending most of the movie Emoting at each other whilst basically runnin' around Nekkid... Charlotte was right purty Nekkid, but Sean was an old man, & I don't much fancy lookin' at ol' Nekkid men runnin' around... Or young ones, either, for that matter...<grin>
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-29-2007, 02:03 PM
theophile's Avatar
theophile theophile is offline
Pheasant Plucker
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia.
Posts: 19
Regarding Zardoz,I read the book(never saw the movie).
It was disappointing also.
__________________
Yamaha GT-2000/Yamaha YSA-1
The Voice Ebony
Simaudio Moon LP 5.3
Hornshoppe 'The Truth'
KRK Expose E8B Studio Monitors
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-29-2007, 02:46 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
It's difficult to hash about this topic. "One mans poison..."

But... I do think there are truly terrible flicks out there. Some of the movies posted as being bad I agree with. Some, not.

Me, I can't stand, and never watch, any musical.

Might be more fun to list favorite films? (But, then again, it'll be the same thread with a diff name...)
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
"High on the hill was a Lonely Goatherd...Yodel-yodel-yodelaly-loo..."
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-29-2007, 04:08 PM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
..Or young ones, either, for that matter...<grin>
Because you aint a boy lover, like them Greeks....
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #66  
Old 08-29-2007, 07:33 PM
Tom Brennan's Avatar
Tom Brennan Tom Brennan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 108
The worst picture I ever saw that was supposed to be a good one was "The Damned". "Zabriskie Point" is in the running.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Tom Brennan's Avatar
Tom Brennan Tom Brennan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 108
Sandy---Sean Connery running around in a diaper with a .455 Webley doesn't get you going?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-29-2007, 08:27 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Well, uhh, dammittall, Tom, you didn't hafta bring THAT up...<grin> Charlotte was still purtier..The Sean Connery flick that DID get me all misty & in love for him was "The Man Who Would Be King"...ESPECIALLY the next to last scene....The "Minstrel Boy" scene...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-29-2007, 09:58 PM
Tom Brennan's Avatar
Tom Brennan Tom Brennan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 108
Sandy---My favorite Connery picture is "The Wind and the Lion" by the underappreciated John Milius. And Brian Keith did a wonderful turn as Teddy Roosevelt in the picture.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Cloth Ears's Avatar
Cloth Ears Cloth Ears is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever1 View Post
I saw a movie at least 20 years ago... do not know the name but it was a sci-fi about a female alien... it was so bad I blocked it out of my mind all except the ending song which was a blues rendition of "she's not there"
I can only remember that track being used in "The Long Kiss Goodnight" (Geena Davis, Samuel L Jackson) - which wasn't a bad movie except towards the end.

"Dead Heat" comes to mind for me (Joe Piscopo, Treat Williams). So bad that it was great, I think I watched it once a week for a year. The only movie I know where everyone (and I mean everyone) end up dead. some at the start of the movie but they just keep on trucking.
__________________
Jonty

It is impossible to build a fool proof system; because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #71  
Old 08-29-2007, 10:41 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
"The only movie I know where everyone (and I mean everyone) end up dead. some at the start of the movie but they just keep on trucking."

I like movies where everyone ends up dead.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-29-2007, 11:00 PM
kichijai's Avatar
kichijai kichijai is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Conn.
Posts: 51
OK guys set your DVRs..."The Legend of Billie Jean" is on this Sunday at 10:50 am on Encore. This has to be seen to be believed.


"Throughout it all, she only wants the $608 to fix her brother's scooter, and an apology from Mr. Pyatt. Lloyd helps Billie Jean make a video of her demands, and before she makes the tape she cuts her long, blond hair into a crew cut as a sign of her rebellion. By the end, she sets fire to a carnival, throws the money back into Mr. Pyatt's face, screams "fair is fair" one more time, with the coupe de grace being subjected to Pat Benatar's "Invincible". Grossed all of 3 million dollars."
__________________
Acurus A250, RL-11, JVC XL-1050, Ohm Walsh 2
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Donny's Avatar
Donny Donny is offline
Lets be bad guys.
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Vidor TX
Posts: 121
The ones I can think of right now are. Cop Land and excess baggage both movies are so slow and dumb that they had to have dropped my IQ!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
W/a stinkeroo like "Billie Jean", "Showgirls", or "3 Amigos", you gotta wonder WTF were they thinking ?
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-30-2007, 05:18 PM
arrow 68 arrow 68 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 56
Just about every movie made in the last 10 years is bad. Biopics, and action movies with so much action it's like your watching a video game. I like movies with a story. That translates into mostly pre 1980 film.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.