Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 12-14-2008, 04:50 PM
dread31's Avatar
dread31 dread31 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Big Blue Ball
Posts: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussinOhio View Post
At the risk of being stomped I have to say I never liked the original so it goes without saying I probably won't like the new one either.

I found the films message arrogant and hypocritical: alien comes to earth to warn humans to stop their violent behavior.......or they will be destroyed in a most violent manner!

HUH???

So, who is to judge these aliens in traveling the universe destroying planets that don't conform? So, Klaatu & his race of beings are acually very human-like only much more powerful.

Russ
Actually Russ, I think "Get along, or we'll kill all of you." is exactly what mankind needs to hear. A superior force threating to wipe us all out if we don't stop fighting might bring things into perspective.

Anyways,
I went to see this film last night.
Don't spend the money. Wait for it to show up on HBO.

The ending sucked worst of all.

Dave
__________________
McIntosh MA6900, Magnum Dynalab MD90, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Luxman PD264/ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood, Vandersteen 2ce Signature.

Harman Kardon Citation 17, Denon POA1500, Revox A77 MkIV, Yamaha YP4B, Infinity RS7.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.