![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sky Captain ATWOT!!!
(And The World Of Tomorrow)
Just rented this 2004 movie. I don't care what anyone thinks! I LOVE this movie in all it's cheesiness & comic-book mentality!! Wonderful entertainment which brings back the 10 year old in all of us. Can't believe I missed this when it first came out! Love it and plan to buy it! Check it out. Russ |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I really liked it as well. Lots of fun, made like the 1950s movies.
__________________
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I thought it was pretty good.
Reminded me of Flash Gordon and H.G.Wells with the Art Deco look. The book adaptation was good too. Tom
__________________
Tom |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I liked all of it except where the get to the 'mads' secret hideout. It sort of change into a different movie for 10 or 15 minutes with all the gravity defying robots and went from a very cool Metropolis meets Johnny Quest to I've seen it before Star Wars.
The giant marching/flying robots at the beginning ala 1930's Superman, the cool trick airplanes, evil shadow figure type bad guys, all brought back memories of when SciFi movies were amazing things. And it had a good ending, there is just a section in there like they brought in a different director. Even the menu at the start of the DVD was big fun.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Great show! You've got to see it on the big screen!
__________________
Warren "No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be, But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?" |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
i thoroughly enjoyed it. plenty of action and a romance to boot...
|
![]() |
|
|