![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pan's Labyrinth
saw this film last night, and can say without a doubt it was one of the finest films i've ever seen, and i don't throw that phrase around lightly. compelling, fantastic in the best way, tragic, sad, beautiful, incredible acting, profound moral sensibility, a refusal to pander or make it easy for the audience, a true master of his art form playing at the highest possible level...
i could go on and on....
__________________
Technics SL1700/SL1400 Marantz CDR700/Entech205.3 Onkyo TA-RW 311 TEAC x2000r/Realistic TR3000 DBX CX-2/Phase Linear 400 Mk.II Acoustic Research AR3a |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thats great to hear. We were trying to find a theatre that was showing it yesterday afternoon and could not.
You would think that in the Minneapolis/St. Paul northern suburbs, you could at least one theater showing it but nope. RC
__________________
Entertainment provided by Prestige Worldwide |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I found one theatre showing it in Minneapolis:
Landmark Uptown Theatre 2906 Hennepin Ave Im going to see it tonight.Im a little apprehensive of the violence,since I know the director's past work,but Ive heard so many great things about it,I have to see it. Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I saw the film tonight,and I agree with Shrinkboy.A very beautiful film.The juxtaposition of reality and fantasy was wonderful,without being literal.I dont think a film like this could be made in Hollywood.Except for Cronos,I thought the director was always overrated,but this movie really made a believer out of me.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810. |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
2Duals, DC-- check out a film by del toro called The Devil's Backbone. i saw in several yeas ago, and it has remained in my mind and on the tip of my tongue ever since. again, a child, a secret world, fantasy vs. reality, franco's spain....
__________________
Technics SL1700/SL1400 Marantz CDR700/Entech205.3 Onkyo TA-RW 311 TEAC x2000r/Realistic TR3000 DBX CX-2/Phase Linear 400 Mk.II Acoustic Research AR3a |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
|||
|
|||
|
If you liked this film, check out the directors other Spanish Civil War filck - The Devil's Backbone.
While Pan's Labyrinth takes place after Francos rise to power, the Devils Backbone is set during the war. It too has spanish subtitles. I saw it on IFC recently and was really impressed. Tried to recommend it to my pals, but most are illiterate and can't read fast enough to watch movies like this. Can't wait to see Pan's Labyrinth. |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Both Del Toro films, Devil's Backbone & Labyrinth, are amazing. Highly recommended viewing.
|
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Just saw it two days ago. Great film. Loved it. Had to drive all the way to North Metro Atlanta to see it because it hasn't crept up to our back woods theatres yet.
Surprisingly violent and gory. Don't bring the yung-uns to this one. |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I watched it last night (shhh........limewire). Good movie, but found it lacking in some ways........ seemed to be going slowly somewhere with great style and then 'POOF' it was over and left me thinking 'what?"
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
I saw this in the theatre two days ago and thought it was incredible.
The feel to it was amazing.
__________________
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|