![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Movie Recommendations
I re-located this list of movie recommendations into its own thread with the hope that some of you will offer a few of your favorite movies.
Kinky Boots Mumford The Station Agent Pieces of April Before Sunrise Before Sunset The Moonlight Mile A Lot Like Love Happy Accidents Keeping the Faith Singles Sincerely, Matt |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I recently watched Roman Polanski's "Oliver Twist". Ben Kingsley is great and the movie is a winner.
__________________
Sansui G6000,7070 Pioneer SX1250,SX1280 Kenwood KR-8010 Onkyo TX8500II Pioneer CTF950,Akai GX-S80 DCM TF-600,TF-400 CX-17+ KL Quartets |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Enemy at the Gates, great movie.
Replacement Killers Reservoir Dogs
__________________
_______________________________ All there is to life is beer and music.... Well, family too, but they are where the beer and music is. Work? That's just to get me to the weekend.... where the beer, music and family are. Like I said, those are the important things. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I need to move this to the Movies & Television forum.
Carl |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
OK....
A couple of Rob Stich Aussie fliks that I love The Dish, Sam Neil, Patrick Warburton...events involving the attempts to get the live TV images from the first Moon landing in 1969. Full of likeable characters, good acting and gentle humor. It was the first movie I'd seen in a while where half way through I realized that I was really enjoying watching a film. It's especially good if you are old enough to remeber the moon landings. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0205873/ The Castle, slow moving but funny as all heck,. Eric Bana before Munich/Troy/the Hulk as the son in law. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118826/
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I enjoyed "the world's fastest indian" recently also "man on fire"
__________________
Doug Olitsky http://photos.naples.net/sjolitsky Amps Copland CTA-505 McIntosh- MC-2125, 2205, 7270, 2102 Rotel- RB 890 DRD 300b Pre-Amps Joule-Electra LA-100 MkIII Counterpoint SA-1000, HC808a Triplex Octal 5 Meridian-565 Digital Copland CDA-289 McIntosh MVP-841 CAL Ikon Mk II Rotel- CD-855 Video Switch Zektor Tuner McIntosh MR-7082 Denon Receiver Fisher 400 |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
If you ever question your sanity, here are two movies to help you get your prespectives back in order:
The King of Hearts The 9th Configuration |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
it's an oldie but a goodie ...
The More the Merrier Rick |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dead Man
One of Johnny Depp's lesser known, but better, movies.
__________________
Now Playing: Tannolks > Doorbell wire > Pilot SA-260 > S&B TX-102 > CA 640P > Empire 208 > Clearaudio Satisfy Ebony > Grado Reference Sonata |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
A current movie, "We are Marshal". I dare you not to cheer and I challenge you not to choke up.
__________________
You Rang? R.I.P. little buddy! |
|
#12
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
ahh i love that film..with neil young's guitar as the soundtrack.. |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
My recent "excellent" list:
Thriller: A Cruel Picture <--- Wow. I'll say it again: wow. Executive Suite Straight Time From The Past Trouble In Paradise <--- Maybe one of the BEST movies ever made??? Ichi The Killer
__________________
Sansui 9090 AR-XA Nakamichi 500 ADC CD-100X Tascam CD-RW4U Hughes AK-100 DBX SNR-1, 3BX, 120X-DS KLH TNE7000A BBE 1002 AR 3a, 4x, 6, 7 KLH Model 6 Minimus 7, 7W Boston A-40 Niles SVC-2 AR SRC |
![]() |
|
|