Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-29-2006, 08:08 AM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
Hunter S. Thompson fans.....

If you have Starz channel in your cable system, they are running a hour and a half documentry on HST. It will be repeated if you missed it. Set your DVR!


Russ
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-30-2006, 05:07 PM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
If anyone tapes this on VHS or records it on a DVD, I sure would be appreciative to score a copy if possible!
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-30-2006, 10:04 PM
gearhead's Avatar
gearhead gearhead is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedelihaus
If anyone tapes this on VHS or records it on a DVD, I sure would be appreciative to score a copy if possible!
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd LOVE to have a DVD of this.
__________________
**your witty remark here for just pennies a day!!!**
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-31-2006, 12:34 AM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
The name of the documentry is: "Buy The Ticket, Take the Ride". Narrated by Nick Nolte.

Lots of rare footage of Hunter talking about his life and his view on the world in general. This guy could be funny as hell at times.
Damn! I wish I could have recorded the the thing for you guys, I no longer have a VCR and although my cable box has DVR function I have no idea how to put it on a DVD.

Russ
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-31-2006, 12:46 AM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
Thanks anyhoo Russ.

I'm a big Thompson fan. Got some audio recordings out of print of his. Love to listen to 'em...
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-31-2006, 01:44 AM
SpeakerLabFan's Avatar
SpeakerLabFan SpeakerLabFan is offline
cranberry sauce
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 39
I just noticed that there are some interesting Hunter S. Thompson pieces on youtube.com, including video of a 7 minute TV appearance with Tim Russert...

__________________

Phase Linear Andromedas
Carver Amazings,Frazier 15
McIntosh MC2205; Manley Stingray
SpeakerLab K's,Super7,3's,1's
Klipsch Forte,Heresy; Kenwood KT-9900
SansuiAU20000,9090DB,9090,8080,7070,6060,5050,G5000,AU/TU-717
JBL 4430;Thorens TD145MKII,Goldring Eroica
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.