Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-25-2006, 08:01 AM
JDaniel's Avatar
JDaniel JDaniel is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 21
Best Commercials of '06

Just saw an ad for a TV Show Wed. night 8 p.m. (eastern or central, not sure) on TBS - Best Commercials of 2006. Looked pretty funny.

Just passing along the info.

JD
__________________
I got a couple dents in my fender, got a couple rips in my jeans
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Wireworm5's Avatar
Wireworm5 Wireworm5 is offline
Audiophile
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rupert's Land
Posts: 13
You probably don't see them in the States. But I like the Bell Expressvu commercials with the two beavers, Frank & Gorden. The beavers represent your typical Canadian and they pretty much nailed how we behave.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-25-2006, 09:52 AM
theblackknight's Avatar
theblackknight theblackknight is offline
<--- BMW 635CSi
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 33
The only ones I remember are the worst ones.....
__________________

Setton RS-440
Setton BS-5500
Cambridge Audio Azur 540D
JBL L-80T
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-25-2006, 09:58 AM
OvenMaster's Avatar
OvenMaster OvenMaster is offline
DTV blows
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 565
"Head On! Apply directly to the forehead!"

There's MY contribution!
Tom
__________________
Tom
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Anybody see those Chanel #5 commercials that had the Vangelis, & Sun Ra music in 'em this year? They go back about 25 years, they only play 'em at Christmas, but I loved 'em. They were 180 degrees different than those dreadful "Head On !" commercials, & that asinine Billy Mays goofball. I am not a violent man, but I think I would be sorely tempted to MURDER him if I ever came across him, as a public service...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-25-2006, 10:59 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wireworm5
The beavers represent your typical Canadian and they pretty much nailed how we behave.
Were they ever extras on Red Green's Possum Lodge?

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-29-2006, 08:13 AM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
Geicos pissed-off caveman at dinner always makes me laugh. I also loved the VW "Un-pimp-your-ride" spots


"Veee Dub!!!"

Russ
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-29-2006, 09:21 AM
electronjohn's Avatar
electronjohn electronjohn is offline
I like....big sparks!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 652
Best commercials

Any spot for Target...mere seconds in, you knew EXACTLY who it was for. I particularly liked the one with the dancing appliances.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-10-2007, 06:24 PM
fujifrontier's Avatar
fujifrontier fujifrontier is offline
roundie not so n00b
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 435
mazda CX-7 :shiifty:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVTeufel


Another idea.....instead of expensive anti-psychotic drugs, let's provide schizophrenics with dummy bluetooth headsets. They'll easily blend into the crowd, although I suspect their "conversations" would be far more rational than those of the typical Wal-Mart shopper.

Ron
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-10-2007, 06:53 PM
pmsummer's Avatar
pmsummer pmsummer is offline
simul justus et peccator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rheinhardt Station, Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
Posts: 122
The only 2006 ad that stuck with me was the VW ad featuring the car crash. Powerful.

Best VW ad since the DDB days.
__________________
P.M. Summer



McIntosh MA6100, Klipsch Klipschorns, Denon DP-1800 w/AT-15SS, Sony XDR-F1HD, Yamaha CDC+Entech dac
McIntosh MAC4100, Fons Mk1 w/Shure M97xE, AR3a, Frazier Mk V, Yamaha NS1000M, TEAC A-2300SR
H.H. Scott 299D, Frazier La Fiesta, Tivoli Model CD, ELAC 40A
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 01-10-2007, 07:40 PM
bordeno's Avatar
bordeno bordeno is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finksburg, MD
Posts: 65
I like the Geico ad with the midget dancing on the left and the satisfied customer grilling outside on the right. "Its my birthday, new taillights, ...etc

This commercial just makes me laugh. My 8-yr old likes it as well.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Randy Bassham's Avatar
Randy Bassham Randy Bassham is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Poplar Bluff, MO
Posts: 220
Talking

I saw one and I can't even remember what product was being sold. Shows a guy cleaning the snow off the windows of his car, it was totally buried in snow. He works and works scraping away at the windows and when he gets them cleared he pulls out his keyless remote and when he pushes it the car in front of the one he just cleaned the windows on chirps and the taillights flash through the snow......I've had those days. Another one I enjoyed shows a farmer driving his pickup just before daybreak, he pulls up to the barn, gets out and walks into the barn where all the animals are sleeping including the rooster. The farmer crows like a rooster at the top of his lungs, scares and wakes up the rooster. Last scene he's walking back to his truck muttering "See how you like it"......
__________________
"proximo satis pro administratio"
KAØSCR
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.