Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Your (5) B-Grade Sci-Fi Flicks

Here's mine -
  1. Cherry 2000
  2. Steel Dawn
  3. Hardware
  4. Johnny Mnemonic
  5. Earth vs. the Flying Saucers

Looking for ones I haven't seen.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:32 AM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Good call on Cherry 2000, I (heart) that movie.

Does I Was A Zombie for the FBI count?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:25 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk
Good call on Cherry 2000, I (heart) that movie.

Does I Was A Zombie for the FBI count?
It counts, you owe me 4 more.

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Whaddabout "The Green Slime" ?!? "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE....
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
Oooooooo, my favorites:

Wait, what constitutes Grade B: old, or cheesy (Starship Troopers)?

(1) Colossus: The Forbin Project
(2) Soldier
(3) Dark Star
(4) Outland
(5) Saturn 3
__________________
Retired USN.
"Good ........ bad ........ I'm the guy with the gun." Ash, Army of Darkness
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-08-2006, 11:48 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Scorpion8-Yes.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:15 PM
Jack G Jack G is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 44
Only 5? The list changes with my mood. Here are some in no particular order:

1) The Crawling Eye (The Trollenberg Terror)
2) The Returner
3) Calimari Wrestler
4) Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris
5) Island of Terror

6) The Brain Eaters (its not what you think)
7) Cutie Honey (Live action-not animated)
8) HighSchool GhostHustlers
9) Dagora, the Space Monster
10) Five Million Years to Earth (Quartermass and the Pit)
11) Godzilla 2000
12) Tarantula
13) The Incredable Shrinking Man
14) Bill and Coo
15) Inframan (Super Inframan)

enjoy,
Jack

Edit: Forgot my favorite "Girls with Guns" movie, 16) So Close
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
Scorpion8-Yes.
Well, that changes things especially if I add more emphasis to cheesy (Dark Star and Saturn 3 and of course, Starship Troopers) and shift less away from just old (The Forbin Project was an all-time-classic that I seemed to watch every time I was home from school sick back in the 70's).

Nobody has mentioned "Soylent Green"?

I also tried to stay away from the cheap-horro-flick side of SciFi like Phantasm et al.
__________________
Retired USN.
"Good ........ bad ........ I'm the guy with the gun." Ash, Army of Darkness
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Soylent Green Is People !!!!!
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:31 PM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
It's the future, baby. Just accept.

Hey, how about the Planet of the Apes (original series, not the poor recent remake)?
__________________
Retired USN.
"Good ........ bad ........ I'm the guy with the gun." Ash, Army of Darkness
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Scorpion8's Avatar
Scorpion8 Scorpion8 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Juneau, AK
Posts: 92
Gotta add one more: Logan's Run. Absolute classic, about as cheesy as they come (watching it now compared to recent productions).

Okay, I can't do it. Can't stop at 5. Gotta have more. SciFi is my thing and I just want more, more, more......
__________________
Retired USN.
"Good ........ bad ........ I'm the guy with the gun." Ash, Army of Darkness
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-08-2006, 04:38 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
OK, Scorpion8 gets a dispensation to add more as does JackG.

Island of Terror was an especially good pick.

Island of Terror Trailer
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-08-2006, 08:45 PM
pmsummer's Avatar
pmsummer pmsummer is offline
simul justus et peccator
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rheinhardt Station, Peters Colony, Republic of Texas
Posts: 122
1) Plan 9 From Outer Space
2) Mars Needs Women
3) The Green Slime ("Well I'll be go to hell!")
4) The Attack of the Killer Shrews
5) Donovan's Brain
__________________
P.M. Summer



McIntosh MA6100, Klipsch Klipschorns, Denon DP-1800 w/AT-15SS, Sony XDR-F1HD, Yamaha CDC+Entech dac
McIntosh MAC4100, Fons Mk1 w/Shure M97xE, AR3a, Frazier Mk V, Yamaha NS1000M, TEAC A-2300SR
H.H. Scott 299D, Frazier La Fiesta, Tivoli Model CD, ELAC 40A
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Dusty Chalk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor
It counts, you owe me 4 more.
I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

[horshack]oo...oo...[/horshack] How about The Keep?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-09-2006, 06:32 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Anybody remember that British flick from 30 years or so ago, "Zardoz" ? Don't remember much about it, except you got to see Charlotte Rampling-a minor would-be hottie of the day-nekkid,& people ran around in it wearing these stupid stone-like masks that vaguely resembled Charlton Heston's Moses in the "10 Commandments"...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.