Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Markw's Avatar
Markw Markw is offline
Curmudgeon
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Northeast New Jersey
Posts: 38
Just saw "The Fountain"

All I can say is, well, WTF???

Don't waste your time or money. I've never seen such a pretentious, symbol laden, disjointed piece of garbage that went nowhere since I don't know when.

I can't believe Hugh Jackman signed on to this... This movie could, single-handedly, destroy his reputation.
__________________
“He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead”

Philips AF-887 TT, Marantz CC 4300 CD changer, Teac R-400X cassette
Marantz 2270
JBL L-26
AV Adjunct: Toshiba 27" TV and DVD/VHS combo

Other toys: http://cgi.audioasylum.com/systems/1606.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Bill22
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
See i herd that it was a good movie.... a bit mest up but a good flick none the less.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-16-2006, 06:42 AM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw
... I've never seen such a pretentious, symbol laden, disjointed piece of garbage that went nowhere...
ahh, I like that in a film. But one can argue that my taste in films is bad. At least odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markw
...I can't believe Hugh Jackman signed on to this... This movie could, single-handedly, destroy his reputation.
Who was originally lined up for it? Do you remember? Actually for both the male leading roles and the female leading roles

Whomever it was, the originals either walked away from the project right before or during the early stages of the film.

I'll wait for the DVD, as the director is, in my opinion, very talented, and had to work real hard to save this film- it was inches from ending up in the trash can, and the budget was slashed, I heard, by half, if not more.

Nonetheless, thanks for the heads up. You may be 100% right that this film rots.
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.