![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Full title:
Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan Saw this yesterday, I imagine some people will absolutely hate this movie because it's somewhat vulgar and shocking at times but I thought it was funny, damn near pee your pants funny sometimes. Sacha Baron Cohen (a.k.a Ali G) must have some major big cajones to do some of the stuff he did in this film!! |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
This film was utterly, completely hilarious. I saw it in a packed Manhattan theater on opening night and people were literally (yes, literally) rolling on the floor. While I can't say it was 'perfect' (the show spoiled me a bit) it was easily the funniest experience at the movies this decade.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Would you believe there's a Turkish guy that is claiming that Cohen (Barat) copied him and he's about to go to London to collect money and an apology from him.
see http://www.cbc.ca/arts/film/story/20...hir-borat.html
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted. |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
i saw the movie sunday night and it was packed with teenage guys who were just totally laughing their asses off.... totally enjoyed the whole experience.... funny movie made even funnier by the crowd....
|
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Heard them talking about it on the radio today.
Apparently, someone decided it was too hot for regular distribution, so it went the "art" theater route. The result was the 3rd highest ever revenues/screen, behind only "Spiderman" and I forget what else. From Wikipedia: "Audiences embraced the film, which played to sell-out crowds in many of its U.S. showings on its opening night. This led to a largely unexpected first-day gross of $9,050,000[9], wildly surpassing its competition despite having been shown on only 837 screens, far fewer than the competition which is shown on over 3,000 screens. Over the opening weekend of the film, it unexpectedly got to No. 1 on the weekend with a total of $26.9 million, beating its competitors, Flushed Away and The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause. The film's opening weekend's theatre average was an estimated $31,511, topping over Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith yet behind Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest and Spider-Man. [2]" I gotta see it; the synopsis was hilarious
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
It does not surprise me that someone wants in on some of that cash.
__________________
Sansui 9090 AR-XA Nakamichi 500 ADC CD-100X Tascam CD-RW4U Hughes AK-100 DBX SNR-1, 3BX, 120X-DS KLH TNE7000A BBE 1002 AR 3a, 4x, 6, 7 KLH Model 6 Minimus 7, 7W Boston A-40 Niles SVC-2 AR SRC |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#9
|
|||
|
|||
|
I thought it was quite funny to Eric! geeze I laughed so hard, I had to be told to keep quite ! good movie!
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Mahir Cagri might be many things, but he isn't a doctor, and he is from Turkey. There's a photo of him in the article with quotes from his 1999 internet notoriety, and a good write-up on him in Wikipedia. But this is a pretty generic character to make the claims he's putting out. i. e. that he "owns" the shtick. As someone else in the thread mentioned, it's just a cash grab, sadly. "Een my country, we no have thees." When I first heard that one, I fell off my dinosaur. :rimshot:
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
But anyway, when I saw it there were hardly any teens to be seen, not that it matters anyway. Heck, even my parents (mid 60's) are planning on seeing it this weekend. Its a funny movie, plain and simple.
Last edited by Negotiableterms; 11-08-2006 at 11:47 AM. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just a reminder, folks:
Political commentary, humorous or otherwise, is not allowed on AK. Beyond that, please keep in mind that AK is based on congeniality, and posts that attack or belittle other members views are also subject to deletion or editing.
__________________
New gear, old gear, black gear, gold gear, it's still rock n' roll to me. |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
No it was not necessary. Play nice now !
|
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Have not seen it yet
But then with everyone & their brother imitating this guy, I almost feel like I won't have to see it.
How many times, and for how many years did we have to endure some lame imitation of the "Soup Nazi"? 3 days! We're really in for it now. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|