Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
Somebody has to know this...Robin Williams...

About ten years ago, I saw, on a few occasions on TV a re-broadcast of a late 70s Robin Williams special...I am most certain that it was an HBO special from the early days of HBO...I seem to recall the opening sequence showed one of those 70s GMC motorhomes driving around (the opening sequence for HBO specials of the time, if I recall) anyway...

It was innapropriately hillarious...he was (probably) on coke during filming...he did all these crazy impersonations of Ray Charles...did a bit on "the life of a sperm" (oh no! the diaphram!) at one point he was climbing up on this balcony seating thing that was part of the theater...acting really crazy...it was real real funny....most people suggest that it was "live at the met" no, too old to be that....live at the met was 80s, if I am correct...I think he was wearing some crazy suspender getup....what was this? Is it available on VHS/LD/BETA/DVD/CED/any format???

Thanx

Earl
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-17-2006, 11:51 PM
rulerboyz rulerboyz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall Ontario Canada
Posts: 55
Could this be it?

http://www.amazon.com/Evening-Robin-.../dp/6302281385
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2006, 11:58 PM
ozmoid's Avatar
ozmoid ozmoid is offline
Resident Frog
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 111
Just two choices, bound to be one of these:

An Evening with Robin Williams

Robin Williams: Live at the MET

<EDIT-Beat me to it, Rulerboyz!>
__________________

Nothing outside you can ever give you what you're looking for. I'm gone fishing... see you at the pond.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-18-2006, 12:36 PM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
an evening with.....maybe...but I doubt it...I think this was an HBO special....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-18-2006, 12:44 PM
CUlater's Avatar
CUlater CUlater is offline
Member #287
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ripkenland, MD
Posts: 27
Oh, I think it was an HBO special, IIRC we just sat there dumbfounded watching the stuff he was doing! Amazing what drugs can do....

He was wearing dorky Mork clothes, and the sperm routine was hilarious! Thanks for bringing that memory back from the depths...
__________________
Cheers,

PBG

There is tic and toc in atomic
...
The cosmic is largely comic

Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-19-2006, 12:45 AM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
This is from the Robin Williams site I'll link below- maybe it helps?

"Williams had a good deal of success with stand-up during the 1970s...After performing on the revival of the Laugh-In series in 1977-78, Williams landed a guest role on the popular sitcom Happy Days as Mork,...to his own spin-off sitcom, Mork + Mindy (1978-82)...With a successful sitcom under his belt, Williams also brought his talents for improvisation and stand-up comedy to cable television, headlining two Home Box Office (HBO) comedy specials, An Evening with Robin Williams (1982) and Robin Williams: Live at the Met (1986). In 1986, he joined fellow comics Billy Crystal and Whoopi Goldberg in hosting HBO's annual Comic Relief telecast, which donated all funds raised to helping the homeless..."

Here's the reference site- note, all of Robin Williams' profits from sale of merchandise here goes to profits...

http://allstarz.hollywood.com/robinw.../biography.htm
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-19-2006, 06:37 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
He was doing cocaine ?!? Aww, come on ! Surely you jest...Yeah, I know.....DON'T call you "Shirley"...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.