|
Venting on a DVD recorder purchase
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I just wanted to vent how CRAPPY my new VHS DVD recorder unit is. Doesn't anybody make anything worth a CRAP anymore? I suppose you get what you pay for tho, and since I got the cheapest unit I shouldn't be surprised, but still..... I bought a Magnavox MWR20V6 DVD recorder with Video cassette recorder. I am a TV junkie and have some stuff on VHS that I thought I'd transfer to DVD. These all in one units have 1 touch dub so I wanted to go the easy route. My complaint on the unit is that the VHS portion does not care for tapes recorded on another unit. It keeps going into auto tracking and the picture isn't that good. It plays back okay on tapes recorded on it. So for that feature what the hell good is the dubbing feature if you can't play back tapes that have been recorded on another unit? Also the remote control has to be the cheapest horrid design I've ever seen. And finally, it's a crappy FUNAI. Does anyone make a VCR now that is not farmed out to Funai? And finally..... is there a way to hook a VCR to a computer to dub?
|