Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-20-2006, 08:42 PM
Mr Slabi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Anyone watch JERICHO tonight?

I thought it was gonna be another sappy pilot for another sappy show, but was pleasently surprised.
Won't ruin it for anyone that did not see it...but IMHO you should.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
Disclosure: I work at a TV station owned by CBS.

I watched with a lot of anticipation. I wasn't dissapointed. I'll add it to the Tivo. I don't watch much. Big Survivor fan and Amazing Race. Everything else I watch is on cable.

Take care,

Ed
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Fernzee's Avatar
Fernzee Fernzee is offline
Heyyyyyy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 8
Ya, I watched a half-hour of it, then was forced to go to a prior engagement. I didn't want to. I enjoyed the set-up episode very much. It would be crazy to see "those" explosions one day.
__________________
My Sound:
Pioneer
SX-680 SX-780 SX-1250
PL-530 PL-A45D CT-F9191 RG-1 DT-400
2 pairs HPM-60's
Vandersteen 2 series
Bose 901 Series 1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:35 AM
wajobu's Avatar
wajobu wajobu is offline
Near and Far Horizons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 206
I missed it, but hope they re-run the first program again. The networks usually do if they find that they have a hit...like ABC did with Lost.
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine

"...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"


Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
I have it on my HD TiVo as a season pass. I watched it late last night and enjoyed it. I didn't think it was as good as Studio 60 on NBC but it looks interesting and will watch the next several weeks to see how it develops. Anybody out there think it was setup similar to Lost?
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 AM
uofmtiger's Avatar
uofmtiger uofmtiger is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 12
I got around to watching it last night. Frightening... I will also watch to see how it develops.

There are so many programs that look good coming out this year that I am going to have to make some choices early on.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
winters860's Avatar
winters860 winters860 is offline
I am a Hot Stamper!
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Beautiful Ohio
Posts: 16
I chid my friends so hard about being wrapped up in TV. I generally listen to music for entertainment. But now I'm wrapped up in Jericho.

Here's the thing - I don't really know, four episodes in (currently dling the fifth one) if I really like it. The acting and dialogue are so-so. I think it's sort of sappy. There's huge logical flaws. The overall story of "what's going on" is metered out so slowly (I guess like Lost, though I don't watch that) that the plot is largely driven by the soap-opera lives of the characters even though IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT.

In spite of all these things, I'm hooked, at least untill I satisfy my morbid curiosity. I love apolyptica.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-19-2006, 08:52 AM
electronjohn's Avatar
electronjohn electronjohn is offline
I like....big sparks!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 652
My wife gets on me for my inability to engage in "willing suspension of disbelief"...but even she's starting to see that the writing on "Jericho" is borderline hack. Rather than taking a little extra time to inject maximum believability into a scene, the writers seem to take a cheap shortcut every time. I mean, c'mon...I don't think you'd find a utility transformer mounted high up on a school wall. I would've accepted one a on a pole nearby, with some sort of failure causing an electrocution and igniting a fire...but the scenario presented elicited a huge groan from me. And...why would Jericho's "power grid" be controlled from the basement of city hall? Even the use of the term "power grid" is a cheap hack shortcut. "We need gas for the hospital generator!!! I know...we'll just stick garden hose down into the storage tank at the station and pump it into this really ratty tank i found!!!" (wild eye rolling from me) Oh, well.....I'll give it a couple more episodes and see if the writers have clued up a little.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 AM
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy grumpy is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 380
There are 3 shows I watch a week and this is one. However their starting to lose me with some of what you folks have pointed out. However I just want to see that one guy one the satellite in his backyard get his ass beat...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-19-2006, 01:31 PM
doucanoe's Avatar
doucanoe doucanoe is offline
Registered audio abuser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 38
In the case of Lost and Jericho, I sometimes wonder if the plot is really that deep or they are just making it up as they go along. I don't always get a chance to watch Lost but when I do I'm totally confused. I have seen all the episodes of Jericho so far and its pretty good for TV. The big thing that is driving me nuts with both are the damn commercials every five minutes. It's starting to piss me off to the point that Im not sure if I can sit through the whole thing anymore.

RC
__________________
Entertainment provided by Prestige Worldwide
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
Luckily I've never seen Lost or I'm affraid I'd be hooked on that too. Jericho has sucked me in. I'm affraid I can't get out now. I did hear at work this week that they ordered a whole season so at least we don't have to worry about it getting cancled soon.

Take care,

Ed
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Luckyman's Avatar
Luckyman Luckyman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 19
I'm hooked on Jericho! Add it to my list. 24, The Unit, Rescue Me, Nip Tuck, Lost
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.