Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Hollywoodland

Finally, a Ben Affleck film that doesn't suck!

I saw this on Saturday and thought it was actually quite good.

A fictional private eye (Adrian Brody) explores the possibility that George Reeves death was murder or an accident rather than suicide. It offers up some intriguing ideas.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427969/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-10-2006, 07:55 PM
jpdylon's Avatar
jpdylon jpdylon is offline
<-- sucker for old sets.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Knox County, Tennessee
Posts: 1,675
good to hear. I look forward to seeing it, but I didn't want to have to spend the $$$ to find out it might have sucked
__________________
Jordan
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
The one I wanna see is the one about The Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short. That has fascinated me ever since I saw the 1975 Efrem Zimbalist/Lucie Arnaz made-for-TV movie about it. I remember I was packing to leave for freshman year @ college the night it came on. I remember it had the most haunting score by Dominic Frontiere, the same guy who did the music for the original Outer Limits. But "Superman's" death has always got me, too- George Reeves seemingly had everything to want to live for. Since I DETEST going to movies, putting up with screaming infants, unruly teenagers, & God-knows-what you're sitting in/on, I'll wait til they come out on tape/DVD.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2006, 12:10 PM
SDA SRS 1.2's Avatar
SDA SRS 1.2 SDA SRS 1.2 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Barnwell, SC
Posts: 14
Saw it Sat. also. As a big George Reeves fan, I was concerned as to how they would portray his story. Thought it was very well done.
__________________
Polk SDA SRS 1.2, Sunfire Signature 600~two, Carver C-16, Carver TX-11b, Marantz 6350Q TT, Teac V-707RX, Marantz 2325, Marantz 5220, Marantz HD-880, Kenwood KR-9600, Pioneer CS-99a, Sansui SP-X9000
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-12-2006, 05:23 AM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
Thanks. I look forward to seeing both this and the Black Dahlia movies. hopefully, back to back.
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 09-12-2006, 04:04 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
The one I wanna see is the one about The Black Dahlia, Elizabeth Short. That has fascinated me ever since I saw the 1975 Efrem Zimbalist/Lucie Arnaz made-for-TV movie about it. I remember I was packing to leave for freshman year @ college the night it came on. I remember it had the most haunting score by Dominic Frontiere, the same guy who did the music for the original Outer Limits. But "Superman's" death has always got me, too- George Reeves seemingly had everything to want to live for. Since I DETEST going to movies, putting up with screaming infants, unruly teenagers, & God-knows-what you're sitting in/on, I'll wait til they come out on tape/DVD.
I am very interested in this movie. It isn't the first one to be made on the topic either. "True Confessions" w/ Deniro & Duval is worth seeing in its own right. I can recall my mom talking about the Black Dahlia when I was growing up. She was in her 20's and living in LA when it happened & every girl thought they were a target after it happened.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.