![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Anyone here like ROME on HBO
Man I discovered this series looking thru HBO's on demand one day when I was bored. What a GREAT show. If you have on demand I would suggest you get it and give it looksee. Its a fantastic period piece and very graphic. I LOVE IT !!
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Don't get me started about "Rome"....another one of those highly-addictive series HBO is adept at coming up with. It's another good example of good writing and good casting...the use of lesser-known actors and actresses lets you concentrate more on the character than who's doing the portrayal. Thoroughly enjoyable...and I like the use of graffitti...kind of like "letters to the editor" for Rome's masses. BTW...Atia (Polly Walker) is blazin' hot...with rather exotic sexual tastes to boot. "Rome" will fill the void left by the demise of "Deadwood" rather nicely.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Rome, Deadwood, Entourage, Lucky Louie are all great.
Don't get me started on the Sopranos....That's a show that's gone 2 seasons too long.
__________________
Technics SL-D3 Pioneer SA-708, SA-608, RG-2 Denon DCD-1800R Large Advent Walnut, Heritage KLH 6 AR-4xa |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
4th season starts the 10th of Sept. . . I justified a new HDTV plus an HD-DVR on these shows only. . .Not to mention a few commercial types like; "24" "Lost" "CSI"-Vegas (NY is getting better) "The Unit" "Law and Order" (some) "Modern Marvels" "South Park" "Over the Hill" "Days of Our Lives". . .(kidding. . .) Not to mention various History, Discovery, PBS, DIY, etc. channels. . . Thank God for FF and DVRs in general. . . Now after a couple years I cannot watch commercial TV anymore period. . .
__________________
Barrymore's Conclusion. The thing that takes up the least amount of time and causes the most amount of trouble is sex . |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
love 'rome'...there isn't a miscue about it. i particularly enjoy repeat viewing of episodes, when i'm familiar with the plot development and i can scan the backgrounds for details. i recall one street scene in which you could see, far into the background, a pair of butchers stringing up a hog carcass and cutting it up....completely unnecessary for what the two characters were doing in front of the camera, but nevertheless contributing to the overall sense of viewing a camera mounted at the big end of a time tunnel into the past
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Wife bought first season of Weeds and I thought it was pretty funny.
Lefty
__________________
Lefty: Cables? I don't got to show you no stinkin' cables 038° 00' 58.68" -122° 15' 39.54" 134.84 ft |
![]() |
|
|