![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Great quotes..."I know what you're thinking..."
Read in a magazine today that Clint Eastwood turned 76 this year. Amazing. The 5 Dirty Harry films are my all time favorite movie franchise. Among other reasons, IMO, they have more great lines than any other modern films. I'll start with two classics:
"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross." (Dirty Harry) "Well, opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one." (The Dead Pool) So what are some other cool quotes from Inspector Callahan? Go ahead, make my day. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nobody, and I mean nobody, eats ketchup on a hotdog.
__________________
___________________ ACHOO!!
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
From Magnum force.
A man's got to know his limitations.
and..... "Your gun's out of it's holster........the first time??" And from Sudden impact:: "You're a legend in your own mind." Though not a dirty harry, this one is from High plains drifter:: "Someone left the door open and the wrong dogs came home!!" |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Swell!!!!
__________________
Gary in Texas |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Magnum Force:
CALLAHAN: You know those guys? EARLY SMITH: They came through the Academy after me. They stick together like flypaper, you know? Everybody thought they were queer for each other. CALLAHAN: Tell you something. If the rest of you could shoot like them, I wouldn't care if the whole damn department was queer. ------------ and after dispatching the four rogue rookie cops ------- CALLAHAN: Briggs was right. You guys don't have enough experience. ----------------------------------- The Outlaw Josie Wales: JOSEY: When I get to liking someone, they ain't around long. LONE WATIE: I notice when you get to disliking someone they ain't around for long neither.
__________________
![]() Nothing is ever completely fool proof, because fools are so ingenious. Last edited by markthefixer; 08-04-2006 at 01:35 AM. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
From "The Gauntlet"..."Nag, nag, nag..."
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just remembered this exchange from Sudden Impact:
Callahan to robber: "We're not just going to let you walk out of here." Robber: "Who's 'we,' sucker?" Callahan: "Smith, and Wesson, and me." |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
From "Unforgiven".
The kid who just shot his first bad guy: "Well, I guess he had it comin'" Eastwood: "We've ALL got it comin' kid". Hackman: "You just shot an UNARMED man!!!!" Eastwood: "Well he shoulda ARMED himself before he decorated his place with my freind". |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Eastwood: Well this is a 44 mag auto mag and it carries a 300 grain load. Properly used, it can remove the fingerprints.
__________________
LivingRoom Pioneer SX-1250,Energy 5.1e,Pioneer PD-F908. In restoration - Pioneer SX-1010 Eric (Unican) |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hey Now
Josey Wales, Dying aint't much of a living...boy. Cheif Dan George, Hell's coming to breakfast. Unforgivin, who did you shoot first?, dont know, all I can tell you is who's last. the dead pool, you forgot your fortune cookie, says your $hit out of luck.
Last edited by 1 Starr; 08-05-2006 at 08:31 AM. Reason: more |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Harry Callahan: Personnel? That's for assholes!
Capt McKay: I was in Personnel for ten years. Harry Callahan: Yeah.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
[after a battered crook has accused Harry of beating him]
Chief: Have you been following that man? Harry Callahan: Yeah, I've been following him on my own time. And anybody can tell I didn't do that to him. Chief: How? Harry Callahan: Cause he looks too damn good, that's how!
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music. Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb. |
![]() |
|
|