Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-21-2006, 02:38 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Films you once saw & can't recall the title (& want to see again)

It's like an itch you cannot scratch. You see a film as a child and cannot remember the title or find anyone else who saw it. Over the years there were three for me, two of which I nailed down over there years but one still cannot name.

The first two were "The 5,000 Fingers of Dr. T" & the second was "The Giant of Metropolis". The first I own and had seen once when I was 4 or so. It left a mark. Decades later when I finally figured out what I had seen & saw it again, I realized that my impression of how warped it was was not an inaccurate one. The second was an early 60's Italian scifi. It's now out on DVD and I plan to pick it up. I'll reserve comment on it until I see it but in my memory it was also pretty bent. And then there is the one I cannot find anything on. The story is thus -

A young blond woman living in a NY apartment buildind is kept as a prisoner by the building super and repeatedly raped in his apartment. At one point she kicks him in the eye and puts it out and he has a patch on the rest of the movie. She begins to have feelings for him eventually (Stockholm Syndrome I guess) and I believe apologizes for putting out his eye. This is bad enough but there is a dream sequence that stuck with me.

She is running through a museum and there are people in it but they have no faces, they are smooth. They are closing in on here and she is getting more panicked as she is caroming through the museum as fast as she can. She is getting more desperate to escape as the doors are locked through out the museum. Eventually she sees an exhibit room that is open. It is large and on the oposite wall is a painting of a forest scene with deer & stag. She runs to it and the camera focuses in on the stag where it's eye falls out of the painting. Whereas she awakes screaming still trapped in the super's apartment. Tough stuff when you are 12!

Has anyone seen this film? I would have sworn that the main role was played by Sandy Dennis but her IMDB CV does not confrim it.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:02 PM
rulerboyz rulerboyz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall Ontario Canada
Posts: 55
The boys and girls at IMDB.COM message board titled "I Need To Know" will hook you up. I recommend you sign up there and post your question. You'd be amazed at how good they are at helping people remember the titles of movies/shows that they may only have a very vague and sketchy recollection of.

http://imdb.com/board/bd0000001/threads/

Long before I knew of AK, that's where I used to hang out.
__________________
Technics SL-D2, Pioneer SA-7500, Mitsubishi M-A4370, Rotel RB870 Power Amplifer, NHT Model II Speakers, Grado SR60.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:08 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerboyz
The boys and girls at IMDB.COM message board titled "I Need To Know" will hook you up. I recommend you sign up there and post your question. You'd be amazed at how good they are at helping people remember the titles of movies/shows that they may only have a very vague and sketchy recollection of.

http://imdb.com/board/bd0000001/threads/

Long before I knew of AK, that's where I used to hang out.
I'll do exactly that.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:10 PM
rulerboyz rulerboyz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall Ontario Canada
Posts: 55
Something about your description had me thinking of Catherine Deneuve. The movie Repulsion comes to mind, however I haven't seen the movie...so can't confirm if it the one.
__________________
Technics SL-D2, Pioneer SA-7500, Mitsubishi M-A4370, Rotel RB870 Power Amplifer, NHT Model II Speakers, Grado SR60.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-21-2006, 03:16 PM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
I have one of those....this would have been mid to late 80s...I was pretty young, one evening, mom & dad are watching TV, I join them...I don't know if this was a regular movie or a made for tv movie of the week type thing, but here is what I remember...I think the main charactor's name was "cathy" in the movie...she was being followed by this voice....the phone would ring, she'd pick it up, the voice would be there...she was driving, put a tape or 8 track or something in the player in the car, and the music was interrupted by the voice which freaked her out so bad that she crashed (into a building I think) the voie was saying things to her like "caaaaathy....caaaaaaathy....do you still love me" weird things ilke that.....I can't remember what the movie was, or even if it was real....who knows. To this day I don't have an answer to what this was.

The other one is about these five or so hot blonde women who are stuck on an island...they where stuck there as the result of an airplane crash...the oldest girl named them all "snow" and "rain" and "flower" and stuff like that....they where constantly commanded by somebody named "sister" who actually turned out to be a nun who died in the plane crash....really great for a stupid low budget film...oh they hated men, as well...becuase "men bring them babies" hehehehe

and the other one was from around 1994...some people get stuck on a rather large remote island...or something...they find this HUGE government facility, go inside, everything looks like people are there, or have just picked up and left....but they realize that nobody has been there since 1976....they find dead bodies holding notes that say "i'm sorry" and things like that...turns out it was experimentation on animals to create these insane really strong monsters....it was cool, and I have no idea what the titile was...it was on network TV and I think it was made for TV thing.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Fernzee's Avatar
Fernzee Fernzee is offline
Heyyyyyy
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlsays
and the other one was from around 1994...some people get stuck on a rather large remote island...or something...they find this HUGE government facility, go inside, everything looks like people are there, or have just picked up and left....but they realize that nobody has been there since 1976....they find dead bodies holding notes that say "i'm sorry" and things like that...turns out it was experimentation on animals to create these insane really strong monsters....it was cool, and I have no idea what the titile was...it was on network TV and I think it was made for TV thing.

I have never seen it, but this one sounds like "The Island of Dr. Monroe." I think they did a remake of it around 1994 with Val Kilmer and the guy who played The Godfather.

Just a wild guess.
__________________
My Sound:
Pioneer
SX-680 SX-780 SX-1250
PL-530 PL-A45D CT-F9191 RG-1 DT-400
2 pairs HPM-60's
Vandersteen 2 series
Bose 901 Series 1 Speakers
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.