Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
This needs to make a comeback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEpFCgNXZLc

This commercial is great...such a laid back relaxing yet somewhat creepy voiceover....and the pants....well....jeez....I like 'em....this needs to make a comeback.

and by the way

JEEZ you people where lit back then Oh I love it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-14-2006, 02:10 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I remember that ad!
Jeez, those pants are hideous!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2006, 02:57 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I remember seeing that commercial at an animation festival also,in the late 70's.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Fisherdude's Avatar
Fisherdude Fisherdude is offline
The Golden Age of Hi-Fi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Lewiston, ID
Posts: 324
1970's golf pants!
__________________
I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2006, 07:42 AM
shrinkboy's Avatar
shrinkboy shrinkboy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oak Cliff, Texas, just across the Trinity River from Big D
Posts: 135
that's ken nordine doing voice, the king god of all voice-over work. do a google on him. i've got a signed KN album i picked up a while back. it's cool. in the late 50's he recorded 'word jazz', one of the grail documents of the period's hipster world.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 07-14-2006, 07:45 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Oh, boy, oh boy, oh boy...Lemme go dig out my puke green polyester leisure suit, ersatz Hawaiian flowerdy shirt, white Ultra-Sheen Disco Boots, the necklace/medallion that looks like either an ashtray or a medal a Latin American Dictator would give himself, & I'll be all set...Crank up the bubble machine and/or the mirrored disco ball, we gonna boogie tonite !!
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-14-2006, 07:52 AM
JoZmo's Avatar
JoZmo JoZmo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Bosstown
Posts: 10
Ahhh... I don't think those pants ever REALLY caught on. Not where I was anyway. I seem to remember seeing them once in a while, at a Rock concert maybe, being worn by the MEGA-ULTRA most spaced out Hippie there... of course.

Most people just seemed to wear those plain old "dull" jeans and T's back then.

Last edited by JoZmo; 07-14-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-14-2006, 08:11 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Yeah, seems like evry time I remember seeing somebody in pants like that, he was the guy who was the rep from the outfit who was running the concessions...35, 40 maybe,trying to get the Coke machine set up, DESPERATELY trying to look "cool" to all the kids there...generally, WAY too old, & more importantly, way too FAT to fit into a pair of pants like those...Think Avery Schreiber...<grin>
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Earlsays's Avatar
Earlsays Earlsays is offline
Commander Cody Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Discovery Bay, CA
Posts: 34
HAHAHA this thread turned out to me WAY funnier than I anticipated ROFL

speaking of hippes....last night I'm watching family guy....Peter Griffin goes to this chuck-e-cheez type place, and there is one of those "rooms full of colorfull plastic balls" and there is a sign that says "you must be this high" being held by a stereotypical hippie looking dude....with REEEEEEAL squintey eyes....hillarious.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Hmmmm....I just KNEW reading National Lampoon for nearly 20 years, perusing Mad for several years B4 that, & reading almost everything P.J.O'Rourke wrote MIGHT have an effect on me...Being a sarcastic bast*rd kinda helps, too...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.