Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-11-2006, 02:31 AM
Icon's Avatar
Icon Icon is offline
User Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NMU (go you wildcats)
Posts: 27
anyone seen a prarie home companion?

draging my girlfriend to it next week sometime and i just wanted some trusted opinions as none of my friends in the 20 year old croud even care to go?

good, bad, or otherwise ?
__________________
go you wildcats
yay
i am a WOG mecha
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-11-2006, 03:49 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I saw it a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it.Its a Robert Altman film,so the structure is pretty loose,and I think at least half of the movie is performed songs.
Lindsay Lohan was much better than I expected,and Woody Harrelson was great as part of a pair of singing cowboys.
And Kevin Kline was great as a clueless detective and security chief.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
Got the DVD over the weekend, it's "Pretty Good". It's a slow moving film even though several characters die.

If your into action/special effects films, you'll hate it.

Lot's of extra's.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
My Netflix copy arrived in today's mail! Keeping my fingers crossed that it's good.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-17-2006, 05:34 PM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
i slept,,,i love the radio show, but the movie stunk in my opinion....
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-17-2006, 06:10 PM
cabinover's Avatar
cabinover cabinover is offline
Dazed and Confused
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 32
I knew someone was gonna say that before long. I too love the radio show but was trying to figure out just how you could make it into a movie. Maybe if it rains all weekend I'll watch it in between nodding off.
__________________
Do I understand??...Ummm....Well....no
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-17-2006, 08:52 PM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
I heard about five minutes of the radio program once. I would rather have a flaming porqupine jammed right up my ass than than watch that movie. Or listen to another five minutes of the radio show.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 AM
bordeno's Avatar
bordeno bordeno is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finksburg, MD
Posts: 65
Might watch it just for Lindsay. She's foxy, all reet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Retro Stereo's Avatar
Retro Stereo Retro Stereo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Owatonna, Minnesota
Posts: 18
I went and saw it at the movie theater and thought is was great.

Ironicly, I was at the Fitzgerald Theatre Monday night for an Ian Anderson/JethroTull orchestral concert. Took my college-aged daughter with me and ate at "Mickey's Diner" before the show.

So, when you guys watch the movie, look for the "Mickey's Diner" scene and check out the Fitzgerald Theatre, cool places, both of them!


Retro
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-18-2006, 10:29 AM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I liked it but then I'm a 47 year old geezer.
It's definitely an Altman film with a very loose improv feel to it.
Great performances all around.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.