Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
Pink Panther....Ptthhh!!!! sucked

I am trying to sit thru Steve Martin's version of The Pink Panther, and all I can say what a retarded movie...terrible and predictable writing, the acting is so stiff and lacks any of the nuance of the originals with Peter Sellers...this makes me wanna go and rent the originals.

what a joke!!!!
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-16-2006, 07:54 PM
guptonr's Avatar
guptonr guptonr is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 4
I hope I never have to endure it. I hate most remakes. Why do the hollywood folks think we need another verision of a masterpiece. It will only suck. Are they so egotiscical that they think they can make a better one? I wonder if they are going to try and repaint the Sistine Chapel?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
There was only one Inspector Clouseau, & that was Peter Sellers. He died some 25 yrs ago, & Clouseau should rightly have died w/him.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
I like Steve Martin, but I was embarrassed for him just watching the trailers.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-16-2006, 09:41 PM
theodoric's Avatar
theodoric theodoric is offline
101° Rx = + /_\
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 14
A few years ago, he said he went into temporary retirement because of the sheer awfulness of Sgt. Bilko. Mr. Martin must have a short memory.

He was great in Roxanne.
__________________
Let's ROck Again!
we jam econo.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Duane's Avatar
Duane Duane is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 190
The Clouseau character died with Sellers.Steve Martin???? Oh please.....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
slow_jazz's Avatar
slow_jazz slow_jazz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Michigan, Downriver....
Posts: 148
i feel sorry for steve martin. doing lame "cheaper by the dozen" and "pink panther" imitations. he used to really be funny. must be doing it for the money......
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-20-2006, 03:43 PM
jonman jonman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 67
I never did get Steve Martin, as a comedian or n actor. To each his own I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-21-2006, 06:10 AM
Mark W.'s Avatar
Mark W. Mark W. is offline
Instantly addicted
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Silverton, Oregon
Posts: 63
Laughed my damn ass off. Thought Sgt Bilco was funny as well.

Sorry the first time his assistant hit him in the face I about fell off the couch. The scene where the assistant walks in on him don't the hymlic manover on the pretty little french gal I thought was classic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 AM
Icon's Avatar
Icon Icon is offline
User Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NMU (go you wildcats)
Posts: 27
after seeing a trailer for it my girlfriend said "that might be good" i though thats it, i went out and i bought the box set of the orginals and made her watch all of them... she hasent mentioned the new one since... thank god
__________________
go you wildcats
yay
i am a WOG mecha
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 06-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Dude thats funny as heck.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
Peter Sellers was awesome, but my favorite charatcer in the Pink Panther flik's was always Herbert Lom as cheif inspector Charles Dreyfus. He always played the dramatic heavy, but proved he was great at comedy in the Blake Edwards films.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS
Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.