![]() |
|
#1
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yes 35th Anniversary Concert
Saw this on Soundstage on PBS in HD, very nice concert, did some old favorites and some new ones. They also changed some things up and did acoustical versions of some of their sounds. Those guys can still play.
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes
Yes can still play, and play great!
__________________
gas anyone? |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I loved those guys growing up... Just something so musically satisfying about them and they way they approached their music. Light years ahead of their prog-rock competition.
__________________
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints... |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
They can still play and well...Chris Squire puts on one hell of a show...They are all still on great terms playing-wise and making creative music...They just had terrible luck with label and manager choices lately...but they are stuck between a rock and a hard place.
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing"..... Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre. In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dang! I missed it. Is there a DVD out on that one? Or maybe coming soon??
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
I missed it too! But, it is available on DVD "Yes, Songs from Tsongas" 2004 .
Amazon has it, and 75 reviews too. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130
__________________
Kevin |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have a buddy back in Michigan who is a total Yes freak and probably has it. A little far from here to borrow it, tho.
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
One of the two times I saw Yes was in Dayton OH. It was their Yes Symphonic tour. Absolutely friggen great, Steve Howe was superb. The only thing missing was Wakeman on the keyboards.
__________________
Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. Mark Twain ZebraBlvd V-Peace-V |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I saw them on their "Relayer" tour, I missed Wakeman too, Patrick Moraz played keyboards on that tour but it was an awesome show.
__________________
Main: McIntosh MC2125, McIntosh C27, Ohm Acoustics Walsh 300's, AMC CD8b, Luxman K-373, Marantz 2110, Phillips N4504 w/dbx 222/200/NX40, SOTA Moonbeam w/Shure V15II/JICO-SAS Upstairs Mancave: Yaoin VK2100, Ohm Walsh F's, Luxman D-373, Sony ST-3950SD |
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
ive seen YES over 20 times and would have to consider them my favorite band. Ive moved into other areas of jazz but still accredit yes to my musical awakening.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
I saw YES here in my hometown for the 90125 tour... MTV was here filming the concert...
needless to say, the people got far more than their money's worth! ![]() Scott
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music. Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
i've seen yes several times in concert and always loved them. always played a long concert and put in a great light show to go with it.
their music sounded great on headphones. they were years ahead of their time. |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Ed |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
And now I mainly listen to mainstream jazz.
__________________
Tape- Teac A-3300SR, A-3440, 2300S Pioneer 1020L Nak CR-5, CR-5Ax2, CR-2A, DR-3 Yamaha K-1d, TC520 Int Amps- Yamaha CA1000, 1010, 2010 and 810 Tuners- Yamaha CT1010, 810 and 800 Table- Yamaha YP-D6 Receiver: Yamaha CR-1000 Speaks: Polk RTA 11t's, Model 10's |
![]() |
|
|