Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Cleve's Avatar
Cleve Cleve is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dalton, NY
Posts: 40
"The Mysterians"

Yesterday, I finally received my DVD of "The Mysterians", a 1957 Japanese Sci-Fi opus that I've wanted to see for more than 30 years now. I remember it was on my local tv station ONCE in the early 70s, but I missed it somehow, dammit. And it never appeared again. The film's title, by the way, was the inspiration for the naming of the 60's pop band "? & the Mysterians".

Well, I got to watch it, in beautiful "Toho-Scope" widescreen! What a blast! Super-weapons, giant robots, and aliens who want to breed with our women! Has an awesome score too, - but sadly the fidelity of the 50's era recording equipment saps most of the majesty from it.

You can watch it with English dubs, or skip that and watch it in Japanese with subtitles. If you like these kind of movies, I highly recommend it!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
Toasted Almond Toasted Almond is offline
Ballbreaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Exit 5 on the Jersey Turnpike
Posts: 78
Saw it in the theater in '57. It was no Rodan or Godzilla, that's for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-08-2006, 09:01 PM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
But then again, what was.
__________________
"If evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks,
And the Devil is a railroad car."

-Josh Ritter-
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-08-2006, 09:10 PM
mhardy6647's Avatar
mhardy6647 mhardy6647 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 333
And here I thought this thread was going to be about the guys that did "96 Tears"! Silly me...
__________________
all the best,
mrh
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-08-2006, 09:17 PM
Cleve's Avatar
Cleve Cleve is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dalton, NY
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhardy6647
And here I thought this thread was going to be about the guys that did "96 Tears"! Silly me...
Sorry. However, Question Mark and the Mysterians took their band name from this movie's title, so indirectly it is about them.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.