Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Unican_Eric's Avatar
Unican_Eric Unican_Eric is offline
Pioneerious Collecticus
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cornwall,Ontario, Canada
Posts: 25
Any Lost fans here?

I am a huge fan of Lost. I havent been this stuck to a TV screen since The X-Files and the Star Trek series.
And Evangeline Lilly is one hot Canadian. YEAH!!
__________________
LivingRoom
Pioneer SX-1250,Energy 5.1e,Pioneer PD-F908.
In restoration - Pioneer SX-1010

Eric (Unican)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2006, 10:03 AM
opt80's Avatar
opt80 opt80 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Stratford,Prince Edward Island
Posts: 43
I think they are all dead and the island is some kind of Pugatory(much like work)

I agree,Evangeline is the cutest actress we have ever exported

Alan
__________________
Vinum et musica laetificant cor
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-12-2006, 01:47 PM
rulerboyz rulerboyz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall Ontario Canada
Posts: 55
I like how this show is a study of the characters. Each episode puts a different character in perspective. The flashback aspect of the show gives it a lot of variety and contrast.
__________________
Technics SL-D2, Pioneer SA-7500, Mitsubishi M-A4370, Rotel RB870 Power Amplifer, NHT Model II Speakers, Grado SR60.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2006, 02:41 PM
shrinkboy's Avatar
shrinkboy shrinkboy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oak Cliff, Texas, just across the Trinity River from Big D
Posts: 135
i enjoy Lost. but, as far as getting 'stuck' on TV shows goes, have you seen 24?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-12-2006, 02:47 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I am I watched season 1 on DVD and am eagerly awaiting season 2 on DVD!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 02-12-2006, 03:33 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I'm a fan of Lost, 24 and Desperate Housewives. These are about the only Network shows I watch.

Funny thing is I got hooked on all of these by watching the First Season DVD sets. I'd actually prefer to watch them all that way but I don't want to wait for them to be released so I suffer the commercials.

All three shows demand your attention, if you miss one you're lost!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Reel 2 Reel's Avatar
Reel 2 Reel Reel 2 Reel is offline
Mad Dog Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rockport Texas
Posts: 82
I have been through Desperate Housewives.... great show...not just another soap opera...but the suspense will keep ypou comming back for more ...and waiting for the next season to explain what happened in the last season... Also.... that Vree Van de camp is a hottie!!...

Just started watching LOST...it will drag you into the plot ...(whatever it is ...havent figured it out yet) but the charactor devolopment is very detailed and informative ... its a good thing I waited to see it all at one time though ... I never would have made it through the commercials..
__________________

Gary in Texas
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-22-2006, 09:30 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR
I am I watched season 1 on DVD and am eagerly awaiting season 2 on DVD!
Same here. I will not watch season 2 until it is available in fact. Once it is announced my wife & I will watch 1 again & dive into 2. I had no idea what to expect when I rented the 1st DVD on a whim. I had not watched the show at all but always caught the buzz about it at work. After watching the episodes on the 1st disk back to back ("Damn!"), I went out and bought the whole season the next day. I had not expected the X-Files vibe at all.

Besides the asskicking, just beyond total comprehension, storyline, the performances turned in by a set of relatively unknown actors is spectacular. Terry O'Quinn (Locke) has been around awhile but never has he shown the way he does on Lost. Sawyer? Damn, I worked with that exact scumbag when I lived in Texas! It is some of the best TV I can recall. And Evangeline Lilly? Heck, I could turn sound off when she's on.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg evangeline-lilly-kate-on-lost.jpg (32.7 KB, 31 views)
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-22-2006, 10:25 AM
JoeESP9's Avatar
JoeESP9 JoeESP9 is offline
The Ears Decide
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philadelphia PA
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unican_Eric
I am a huge fan of Lost. I havent been this stuck to a TV screen since The X-Files and the Star Trek series.
And Evangeline Lilly is one hot Canadian. YEAH!!
I don't get it. There is no place on this planet where an airplane boat or automobile can't be found. Ditto for the survivors!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-23-2006, 02:04 PM
BridgedToMono's Avatar
BridgedToMono BridgedToMono is offline
low spark of hi watt toys
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 24
13 Days 'til the Season 2 release. Get your pre-purchases in if you're a Lost-Crack addict such as we are...

Then only 30 days after that 'til the season premiere. I've already geared up my season 2 VHS.

I'd ask for help, but I don't really want it.
__________________
"Having a moustache tells people that I listen to the Little River Band with giant headphones..." -Peter Griffin
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 08-23-2006, 03:03 PM
Reel 2 Reel's Avatar
Reel 2 Reel Reel 2 Reel is offline
Mad Dog Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rockport Texas
Posts: 82
Already have season 2 ...

just waitin for season 3...

I wish they wouldnt'ave killed off Libby...she was a hottie!!
__________________

Gary in Texas
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-23-2006, 04:21 PM
BridgedToMono's Avatar
BridgedToMono BridgedToMono is offline
low spark of hi watt toys
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel 2 Reel
Already have season 2 ...

I wish they wouldnt'ave killed off Libby...she was a hottie!!

It's encased in the factory packaging, I assume? hehe.

And I can deal with that, as long as they don't leave Santa Rosa and Desmond's boat open ended. Well, mosty Santa Rosa. Long Live Hugo!
__________________
"Having a moustache tells people that I listen to the Little River Band with giant headphones..." -Peter Griffin
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-23-2006, 05:42 PM
Tact Tact is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1
I like it but....it is kind of 'no turning back TV show'. once you're finished watching, i don't feel strong urge to watch it back again. no out of the crowd dialogues, no memorable moments, no strong story, just a series of 'events', and once you have discovered the unknown, you killed all the magic. and some episodes are empy as empty bottle on the beach. not bad, but not worth for archive.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
I spent a couple days in Los Angeles a few weeks ago, while I was in Ameoba Records at the check out counter, up walks Dominic Monaghan a.k.a Charlie!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-23-2006, 07:49 PM
BridgedToMono's Avatar
BridgedToMono BridgedToMono is offline
low spark of hi watt toys
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Da U.P., eh?
Posts: 24
Whaddaya know, last time we were in L.A. we were at an italian joint in O.C. and traded tables with Jorge Garcia a.k.a. Hurley / Hugo Reyes. Who's next? hehe...
__________________
"Having a moustache tells people that I listen to the Little River Band with giant headphones..." -Peter Griffin
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.