Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Johncan's Avatar
Johncan Johncan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17
Tommy - by The Who

I just watched this on DVD. Now I need someone to explain it to me... and give me back the 2 hours I just wasted

Why was this a hit?

BTW - Ann-Margaret has to be the sexiest red-head who ever lived .

John
__________________
Main rig
McIntosh MC2105 amp; Mcintosh MX-110Z preamp; Bozak Concert Grands; Systemdek IIX with Dynavector 10X4 MKII; Denon DVD-2910 CD/SACD/DVD-A/HDCD player; Roku Soundbridge M2000 into a Musical Fidelity X-DAC V.3
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-11-2006, 05:48 PM
jonman jonman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 67
As I remember it was a flop as a movie, but a great album by the who. I didnt like the soundtrack from the movie , But I love the Who's original album.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
Right. The original album is a classic. The movie and associated soundtrack is crapola.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-12-2006, 12:55 AM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
I like the Tommy movie soundtrack ONLY for Ann Margarets vocals.

FWIW....the sound quality of the CD is lousy compared to the old vynil record set I had years ago. I don't know why this is...but since the soundtrack has not many fans here I guess it's a moot point!


Russ
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-19-2006, 04:32 PM
dmax99 dmax99 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mid-Michigan
Posts: 4
Just be glad you never saw the stage production of Tommy that I saw back in the early seventies. Talk about a suck fest.David
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
Clmrt's Avatar
Clmrt Clmrt is offline
Just thrilled.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richfield, Minn
Posts: 23
I have the Laserdisc!!!!


....and yes, except for a few shining moments (Monroe sequence, PBW sequence) it's embarrasing.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Jim Eck's Avatar
Jim Eck Jim Eck is offline
Chicks dig the Mule
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Springpatch, IL Where the Buffalo and our ex-Governor won't roam
Posts: 58
Found the original album at SA 2 weeks ago, excellent condition. $1.49I t is great, played the way the Who meant it....Loud!!!!!!!

Jim
__________________
You did what to your what? Man that is going to leave a mark.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.