![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
hooking screen on vhs
I am not certian of the problem here, as it seems to be common with all the tube type tvs. Anytime you watch a video through the vcr you get a pulling/hooking picture at the top of the screen. It can be corrected slightly by the h hold and tracking but can never get it to go away even when changing vcrs, so I assume it is something to do with the design of the tv. Anyone know why this happens and how to better correct it?
|
|
#2
|
|||
|
|||
|
It's caused by the horizontal AFC being too slow. VCRs put out a signal that has a pretty large amount of instability in the timing of its sync compared to a boradcast signal. Modern TVs have a faster reacting horizontal AFC that allowes it to track these changes in the sync signal. It's possible to change a few complonent values to greatly improve this in older TVs. I did it on a 60's Zenith I use with a VCR. Your other option would be to buy a time base corrector, or a VCR with a built in time base corrector (such as a Panasonic AG-1970 or AG-1980).
|
![]() |
|
|