Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-03-2005, 02:52 PM
JDaniel's Avatar
JDaniel JDaniel is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 21
Little Fauss and Big Halsey

With all the Johnny Cash talk lately, I ran across a biker movie I haven't seen before - Little Fauss and Big Halsey (1970). Johnny Cash does the music for the movie. Robert Redford (Halsey Knox), Michael Pollard (Little Fauss), and Rita (Lauren Hutton).

I just got my hands on a copy, and hope to watch it this weekend. Anyone else remember this movie?

JD
__________________
I got a couple dents in my fender, got a couple rips in my jeans

Last edited by JDaniel; 12-03-2005 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-03-2005, 02:57 PM
tentoze's Avatar
tentoze tentoze is offline
Twangophile
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDaniel
With all the Johnny Cash talk lately, I ran across a biker movie I haven't seen before - Little Fauss and Big Halsey (1970). Johnny Cash does the music for the movie. Robert Redford (Halsey Knox), Michael Pollard (Little Fauss), and Rita (Lauren Hutton).

I just got my hands on a copy, and hope to watch it this weekend. Anyone else remember this movie?

JD
As is the case with most things from that era, I vaguely remember it...Michael Pollard was always a favorite of mine- quirky, weird, and seemed to be stoned out of his mind in every movie I ever saw him in.

"Dirt in the fuel line- just blowed it away." - C. W. Moss (Pollard) to Clyde Barrow (Warren Beatty) in Bonnie & Clyde (1967)
__________________
"If evil exists, it's a pair of train tracks,
And the Devil is a railroad car."

-Josh Ritter-
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-04-2005, 06:15 AM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
They used to play it on one of the UHF stations when I was a kid in Cincinnati. I watched it a few times. Pretty neat flick as I recall. I can even kind of remember the Johnny Cash title song.

Take care,

Ed
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-04-2005, 07:34 AM
drspiff's Avatar
drspiff drspiff is offline
Chief Squeeze and Bear
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Aggieland USA
Posts: 5
One of the great sleeper movies! I think one of the reasons it didn't get bigger play is that the story line is way too close to "real life".
__________________
"If you can't measure it, it ain't science" -- Dr. A.T. Perry
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Wornears Wornears is offline
Age & Treachery
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 36
My best friend in high school and I were total motorcycle heads in 1970, so this movie was not to be missed! He went on to try to make a career as a motorcross racer, and after a couple of years living out of his van, and duplicating this movie more than he wanted to, he got a "real" job at a BMW motorcyle dealership.

Haven't seen it in a long time, but back when it came out could quote lines and lines of dialogue with my buddy. We worshiped this flick. Never got the play it should have, even with Redford in it (sort of like his "Downhill Racer" that way), but worth renting. The motorcycle action photography was better than anything at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.