Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-21-2005, 01:52 PM
Wardsweb's Avatar
Wardsweb Wardsweb is offline
behind the scenes
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Texas
Posts: 68
Name your favorite anime / manga

Ghost In The Shell
Grave of the Fireflies
Spirited Away
Princess Mononoke
Akira
Cowboy Bebop
Ninja Scroll
Porco Rosso
Kiki's Delivery Service
and as soon as I can remember the name of the last dvd I bought I will add it...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-21-2005, 03:46 PM
mech986's Avatar
mech986 mech986 is offline
LS3/5a Expert, JBL Nut!
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: La Habra, California, USA
Posts: 25
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
I actually like Pokemon when my kids were into it!

Way back when:
Gigantor
Astroboy


Regards,

Bart
__________________
Karma - what goes around, comes around!!
AudioKarma - The Best Forum on the Web!!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-25-2005, 02:17 PM
corporalcripp corporalcripp is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philadelphia,Pa,USA
Posts: 37
Well,how about

Vampire Hunter D
Eighth Man After

and one REALLY tripped out one where a bunch of elderly hackers inadvertantly turn a futuristic hospital bed into a Frankenstein-ish nightmare.I'm not making it up,AKers.Can't remember the title-saw it on SciFi channel a few years back.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-25-2005, 02:27 PM
tom1356 tom1356 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 6
I knew if I hung around here long enough the subject of cartoon porn would come up.
__________________
"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities" -- Voltaire (1694-1778)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-25-2005, 02:41 PM
corporalcripp corporalcripp is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philadelphia,Pa,USA
Posts: 37
Hah?

Now look,
the story was that some nursing home dwelling elderly computer hackers saw a demonstration of a hospital bed that washed,fed,clothed and pretty much imprisoned it's occupant.The idea being that a machine would take care of a resident,no human labor involved,dig?
So,they tried to sabotage the whole bit,hacked nto the bed's computer.What happened was,while a fellow(an elderly guy pressed into guinea pig service)was lying in it, he and the bed somehow linked mentally,turning the occupant/bed into a continually growing/morphing monstrosity.It would absorb all machinery around it-anyway,a really good movie,an sly commentary on the impact of technology on healthcare,I guess.Porn,it ain't.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-27-2005, 07:03 AM
noprayer's Avatar
noprayer noprayer is offline
For The Dying
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Posts: 8
I really dig Eight man after and Battle Angel.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM
WhiskeyRebel's Avatar
WhiskeyRebel WhiskeyRebel is offline
Registered thread killer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Center Line MI (2 mi N of Detroit)
Posts: 33
Twilight of the Cockroaches

Metropolis

Animatrix

Second vote for Vampire Hunter D.
__________________
Here's to loud things that sound good, and things that sound good loud!
Whiskeyrebel
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:43 PM
corporalcripp corporalcripp is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philadelphia,Pa,USA
Posts: 37
Old School Anime

Eighth Man
Astro Boy
Gigantor-only for the cool pseudo-jazz score!
Prince Planet

y'know,Speed Racer had a cool opening/closing theme.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-27-2005, 02:49 PM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
I love Spirited Away. I have not yet seen the new film, the "...Moving Castle".
Has anyone seen Excel Saga? It is very, very twisted anime, about 2 teenage girls that are members of a secret organization, Across. One of them keeps dying all the time of hunger or some illness and has to be revived. the other one keeps getting killed and is "reborn" again.
http://www.ex.org/5.1/14-anime_excelsaga.html
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"

Last edited by dr*audio; 10-27-2005 at 02:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-27-2005, 03:02 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Vampire Hunter D

Ninja Scroll (just finishing up Ninja Scroll the series BTW)

Doomed Megalopolis

Devil Man

Eighth Man After

Wicked City

Crying Freeman

I prefer the more twisted, vilolent, sex filled animes, hence Wicked City is probably my all time fave, than the Akira type drama ones, I have heard interesting things about one called Black Bible?
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 10-27-2005, 11:58 PM
Reel 2 Reel's Avatar
Reel 2 Reel Reel 2 Reel is offline
Mad Dog Junkie
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Rockport Texas
Posts: 82
I was (still am) a fan of the Dragonball Z series.

The boys were watching it when they were growin' up and I kinda got cought up in the story line.
__________________

Gary in Texas
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-28-2005, 12:29 AM
TommyC's Avatar
TommyC TommyC is offline
Tarja Turunen Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 9
Another vote for Vampier Hunter D and Wicked City!
__________________
Live from the State Of Confusion!!

Last edited by TommyC; 10-28-2005 at 12:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-28-2005, 08:40 AM
corporalcripp corporalcripp is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Philadelphia,Pa,USA
Posts: 37
Robot Carnival

another goodie.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-11-2005, 11:48 PM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
I wish the old underground comic "Ranxerox" would be developed into an anime feature. That was years ahead of its time.

To this day, I think James Cameron ripped it off for his "Terminator" series. "Ranx" came out in the 1970's and there are too many simularities.

Russ
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-25-2008, 03:28 PM
nicole1586's Avatar
nicole1586 nicole1586 is offline
Nicole
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 7
Smile

I like alot of anime.

Fruits Basket
Final Fantasy movie (Cloud, not that stupid one)
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Trinity Blood
Pokemon
Kaleido Star
Ceres (it's alright)
Bleach
Hellsing
Death Note
Scrapped Princess
Full Metal alchemist
Tenjho Tenge
Howl's moving Castle
When they Cry (creepy)
Let's see, I used to be a fan of Inuyasha until they just kept going and going, 300 episodes now? 400? idk. They just wont let it go.
The story line is just stupid now. Same thing, " wind scare! Oh no, it didn't work, what shall we do?" lol!
I hope i don't offend anyone who like this show.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.