Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:16 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
Wallace and Gromit

I took my kid to see this Friday. We laughed so hard we nearly pee'd. Gromit has a pretty nice turntable too!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:24 PM
fotno's Avatar
fotno fotno is offline
Canis Major
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Buzzardtown, NC
Posts: 118
Haven't seem the latest one, but the older ones I have seen are a scream. You have to watch them at least twice to catch it all. Great Flicks.
__________________
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I loved the hollow books he hid his cheese in:Brie Encounter,East of Edam,Fromage to Eternity.Very inventive flick.I hear it takes an entire day just to do 2 seconds of film time with stop motion animation.
Jimmy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-10-2005, 01:42 PM
Holst's Avatar
Holst Holst is offline
<Mahler and Me
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: S Crow Wing Co. Minnesota
Posts: 217
I have all the short's they did before this. You have to watch them over and over to see everything. My favorite book title is "Electronics for Dogs".
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
This just in!
http://www.canada.com/entertainment/...7-ae848ad5352b
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
The cheese Gromit! What about the cheeeese!?!
Have been a fan for many years. Was given a W&G biscuit tin several years ago for Christmas. (see attached)
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-10-2005, 02:41 PM
markthefixer's Avatar
markthefixer markthefixer is offline
Tooluser
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensenville,Illinois
Posts: 120
Well, there's a guy on ebay a while back that had a w&g theme as his username (gromitsdad) and had had it for many years. When I inquired about the name and the relationship, his response was that I was the FIRST guy on ebay in all those years that he had run into that had made the connection, and he claimed to just be a fan. I guess that lack of recognition will no longer be the case...

Just loved that train chase scene years back!!!!
Came close to peeing myself too!!!!.......
__________________

Nothing is ever completely fool proof, because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-11-2005, 11:15 PM
doucanoe's Avatar
doucanoe doucanoe is offline
Registered audio abuser
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Posts: 38
We are going this weekend. I love it when Wallace is trying to put the moves of Wendolyn (isn't that her name?)

RC
__________________
Entertainment provided by Prestige Worldwide
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-18-2005, 07:37 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holst
I took my kid to see this Friday. We laughed so hard we nearly pee'd. Gromit has a pretty nice turntable too!
My son had his 13th birthday last weekend & I took he and his posse to see it.

All had a blast.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-24-2005, 10:15 AM
WhiskeyRebel's Avatar
WhiskeyRebel WhiskeyRebel is offline
Registered thread killer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Center Line MI (2 mi N of Detroit)
Posts: 33
Saw it Saturday. I laughed from the portraits in the opening credits right until the last bunny floated by in the closing credits. If I'd have let myself laugh as hard as I felt like, I probably would have wrecked the movie for everyone in the rows around me.

On top of just being a funny story and full of hilarious sight gags, the attention to detail is breathtaking. Right down to the way the truck bobs around on its springs, nothing has been overlooked.

I'm curious to hear a reaction from someone who did not see the original W & G short subjects before seeing this movie.
__________________
Here's to loud things that sound good, and things that sound good loud!
Whiskeyrebel
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 10-24-2005, 10:37 AM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
Went to see it yesterday afternoon. At five bucks, it was a bargain. Laughed myself silly and tried my best to keep up with all the sight gags, like at the end when Wallace has to cover his nudity with a large cardboard box with a sticker right over his mid-section that proclaims "Cheese Product -May Contain Nuts"! Will have to go see it again to catch everything I missed.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.