Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-17-2005, 10:56 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Kung Fu Hustle

Did anyone else see this yet?

I'm not a fan of Martial Arts type movies but this was great!

Insanely violent but in a cartoon way with people being hurled through buildings and doing other impossible stuff

Great Cinematography, lots of references to other films, incredibly fun!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-17-2005, 11:00 PM
oldschool oldschool is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 1
Watched it this weekend.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-18-2005, 03:33 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Like a lot of Hong Kong flicks,its CGI let off its leash,but it has a lot of wit,and some terrific fight scenes.The same director made Shaolin Soccer a few years ago.If you liked Hustle,youll probably enjoy that one,too.
Jimmy
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-22-2005, 07:58 PM
melofelo's Avatar
melofelo melofelo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: london, uk
Posts: 3
awesome movie !
reminds me of the good old looney toons days
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-23-2005, 06:21 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H
Did anyone else see this yet?

I'm not a fan of Martial Arts type movies but this was great!

Insanely violent but in a cartoon way with people being hurled through buildings and doing other impossible stuff

Great Cinematography, lots of references to other films, incredibly fun!
I watched it last night after resisting it in the theater. Wished I'd seen it there. Pee your pants funny in spots.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 08-23-2005, 07:42 AM
gonzo gonzo is offline
What did the jar say Igor
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Texas Austin
Posts: 10
Laughed my A*# Off,I allready have it at home on DVD,I think the landlord's wife is the bomb.Great flick,we also viewed layer cake which was very different.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-23-2005, 10:27 AM
VinylHanger's Avatar
VinylHanger VinylHanger is offline
auscultator inveterasco
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2DualsNotEnough
Like a lot of Hong Kong flicks,its CGI let off its leash,but it has a lot of wit,and some terrific fight scenes.The same director made Shaolin Soccer a few years ago.If you liked Hustle,youll probably enjoy that one,too.
Jimmy
I watched them both in a row last night for the first time. They may be 2 of my newest favorites. Just plain old good fun. The part where the 2 guys were throwing the knives and kept stabbing the one guy, that made me crack up. "Who's throwing handle's at me" Hee,Hee, made me laugh.
__________________
_______________________________
All there is to life is beer and music.... Well, family too, but they are where the beer and music is. Work? That's just to get me to the weekend.... where the beer, music and family are. Like I said, those are the important things.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-23-2005, 04:51 PM
kevin tate
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
They use a lot of parodies to poke fun at/copied the classic H/K kung fu movies. The bad dude was actually the main actor's kung fu idol when the main actor was young. The movie has good bass also.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-25-2005, 08:51 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo
I think the landlord's wife is the bomb.
You know it! The scene where she is in the car backseat with the Axe Gang boss & his accountant especially. She says nothing, she gestures & there is no doubt as to the point she is making. That & the dangling cigarette.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-25-2005, 08:52 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinylHanger
The part where the 2 guys were throwing the knives and kept stabbing the one guy, that made me crack up. "Who's throwing handle's at me" Hee,Hee, made me laugh.
I love hearing my wife & kids laugh. That scene completely uncorked us.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.