Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-08-2013, 09:59 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Star trek Into Darkness Retro stuff.

Early in the film someone is seen using this 1930's Kem Weber designed Lawson Zephyr clock for an alarm clock (that's actually very much a J.J. Abrams thing to use retro stuff in his films), however this model isn't an alarm clock, well I guess it would be easy enough to retrofit in the 23rd century.

Next we see James Kirk listening to The Beastie Boys on an LP and a 1970's Turntable, I guess they could have replicated that because I don't see a 200 year old functional Turntable being very likely, maybe he time traveled and brought it back.

Overall I liked the movie quite a bit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kemweber.jpg (13.4 KB, 13 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Dude111 Dude111 is offline
Analogue is Awesome
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,735
James Kirk?? (The same Kirk we know from the best star trek there ever was?? (Somehow I dont think it is ))
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.